Missclassifying Mental Illnesses:
- ADHD and Bipolar Disorder are often mistaken for the other since they share similar symptoms such as irritability, restlessness and hyperactivity.
- ADHD is usually common in children, which makes the missclassification of either disorder bad for the child since they won't be getting the help they actually need.
- Autism also is confused with ADHD because of the hyperactivity in both disorders.
Poverty and Mental Illness Help:
- Many people in the US who have mental illnesses, don't have enough money to pay for the expenses that come with their disorder.
- Mental Healthcare is bad with helping cover the money needed for medication, therapy, etc.
- People with less access to medication and that are socially isolated have an increased rate of mortality.