More Info for End of the Year Celebrations - As we approach the end of the school year, we are all thinking about end of the year celebrations for our students. Please know that we have been working on this at the district level for the last few months. We now have a district format and are working with a Schroeder team on the final details in our plan.
Central office administration, the elementary principal team, the district’s Oakland County Health Department medical team, and TSD teachers have been collaborating on these events. Together, we are attempting to set up a safe and fun celebration for our students. We will conduct our end of year celebrations on Wednesday, June 9th. (Our rain date is scheduled for Friday, June 11th.)
Please know that parents will not be permitted to join the celebrations as we have done in the past. These celebrations are for our students and staff only. However, we are making plans to include all 5th grade students and parents (in-seat and virtual) in a class ceremony and celebration.
We are currently working on plans for our 5th grader students. Please know that these plans are still in development and are tentative at this time. We simply wanted to share the current information. We are looking to have 5th grade students wear their 5th grade t-shirt, participate in a short 5th grade class ceremony which will include a modified Clap Out, show the 5th grade video, have a pizza lunch, and have fun at a modified Field Day. These are the events we plan during a normal year and would like to maintain those events for this year's 5th graders! Events are still being planned. More details will be shared soon!
We have informally heard of parents planning large out of school celebrations for our 5th grade students to serve as an end of the year celebration. It is important to understand that the school and staff cannot take part in this type of event. If you are planning to gather groups of students, it is better to do this after the last day of school. That will prevent students from gathering and returning to the school setting. We thank you for your help in this matter.
Parking Lot Safety - It is important for all families to follow the parking lot safety guidelines. We want to keep our parking lot a safe place for our students.
- Drive slow and safe. Being slow and a little late is better than being fast and on time.
- Do not use your cell phone while in the parking lot. This applies to parents walking in the parking lot or using the student drop-off lane.
- Park in legal parking places only. Do not park in no parking zones. This also applies to the staff parking lot near the 3-5 playground, the driveway leading to the back of the school, and all other non-parking areas.
- Do not walk BETWEEN the buses. The bus driver cannot always see young children and adults. We do not want to teach our students to walk between buses. Use the main crosswalk to walk from the parking lot to the school.
- When using the drop-off lane, students should exit the vehicle on the passenger side.
- When picking up after school, parents/guardians should meet their child at a location on the front sidewalk. Students should not walk into the parking lot and enter the vehicle without a parent. Do not stop in the middle of the parking lot and have your child enter the vehicle.