- Currently I'm in Dental Assisting 2 at Skyview High School.
- I'm shadowing at a dental office in Nampa about two hours every week.
- In this class I have learned how to do sealants, impressions and models. I've also learned about the anatomy of the mouth.
Idaho state University
- I'm considering going to Idaho State University to receive a bachelors degree in Dental Hygiene.
- Programs are accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association.
- I've applied for many scholarships and FAFSA to be able to pay for most of my college tuition.
work day for a dental hygienist
- A large part of the job is just making sure the patient is comfortable, but that's definitely not all.
- There are many different jobs that a dental hygienist does. It is all centered around keeping patients teeth clean and detecting any gum disease if there is any.
- Jobs vary according to area.
challenges of a dental hygienist
- Time constraint
- Hard on the back
- Working with tough patients
importance of good dental hygiene
- Going to the dentist every six months doesn't only keep your teeth looking attractive, it can also tell your dentist if you are at risk for chronic diseases.
- On the other hand, having good oral hygiene can prevent certain diseases from occurring.
- Earn $73,246 per year
- Need for Dental Hygienists is growing faster then average.
preparing for the future
- Having this job would really benefit my future family in many different aspects.
- It allows me to be able to help support my family other than just relying on my husband. It also has a very good schedule.
- "Dental Hygienists." Idaho CIS. University of Oregon, n.d. Web. 26 Nov. 2016.
- “Dental Hygienist.” Personal Interview. 14 Sept. 2016.
- "Healthy Smile, Healthy You: The Importance of Oral Health." Healthy Smile, Healthy You: The Importance of Oral Health - Delta Dental. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Nov. 2016.
- "Idaho State University." Dental Hygiene | Idaho State University. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Nov. 2016.