Every island has different marriage laws. Most of them require a residency of one to three business days and weekends don't count. So we just have to plan accordingly.
Everyone in your party must have a passport to travel international, even the children. All passports must not expire within 6 months of date of travel. Also some countries require some sort of Tourist Visa/Card and we just want to remember that. In the Dominican Republic the Tourist Visa is $10 per person.
These are just a few of the things to keep in mind as we are looking at an international destination. These are things either I take care of for you or the wedding staff at the resort facilitate.
Group Benefits - how it works for all the Dreams, Ibeostar and SunscapeProperties:
- Your choose your destination and resort accommodations and I book your room, then we can get a group code. It takes 48 hours to get a code.
- Please understand, the Group Ease program requires a minimum of 10 passengers to qualify for a discount. If the minimum of 10 passengers is not met, all discounts, rebates, and complimentary offers will no longer apply. Discounts will be removed from the existing bookings at approximately 30 days prior to departure.
- Packages with a per person price (before taxes & fees) from: $499.99 pp – Save $20 per person, $1499.99 pp – Save $40 per person
Group-Ease Terms & Condition
- Booking period starts based on date shown on promo code verification letter
- Friends & family departure date must start within 7 days prior to the bride & groom's wedding date for destination wedding groups
- Varied lengths of stays will qualify for discount (minimum of 3 nights are required)
- Discount is determined on a package price scale before taxes & fee
- Standard payment and cancel fees apply
- Standard change fees apply
- Promo code discount can be used for an unlimited number of Friends & Family
- Discount is based on per person rate. If minimum dollar amount of $499.99 is not met, passenger will not qualify for Friends and Family discount.
- Availability and Rates are subject to change.
Promo Code Terms and Conditions
- Offer is not retroactive. Promo code cannot be applied after the booking is made. Promo code must be applied at the time of booking.
- All packages are subject to availability and pricing at time of booking
- If a booking qualifies for a discount per the promo code criteria but the promo code is not input at the time of booking, in order for a discount to apply, you will need to cancel and rebook the reservation.
All room pricing is based on six nights, checking in on January 4 and checking out on January 10. Also, we highly recommend optional travel insurance for that time of year due to the chances of inclement weather in your home airport.
Note that all pricing, special booking incentives, and availability is subject to change per the vendor. Once deposits are received, those items are confirmed.
Iberostar Paradiso Del Mar in Riviera Maya Mexico
In Mexico the wedding guidelines require a 4 business day arrival and blood tests, beyond the paperwork. Information is below.
- Copy of the Tourist Visa Card of the Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses- You will receive these upon arrival at Cancun Int’l Airport.
- Bride & Groom Birth Certificates
- Valid Passports from the Bride, Groom and 4 witnesses (This is essential, otherwise the wedding cannot be performed)
- Blood tests must be taken in Mexico and must be taken no more than 14 days prior to ceremony to be valid. The blood will be tested for HIV, STD’s and blood type. The results will be ready in 24 hours and it will be given to the wedding coordinator to complete the paperwork.
- The wedding couple and 4 witnesses must arrive 4 business days before the wedding (Saturdays & Sundays do not count.
- A Legal Form must be completed with the names, addresses, nationalities, ages, occupations and relationship to Bride and Groom. The wedding coordinator will provide couple with the form.
- Birth certificate should be the one that has the names of the parents on it, also the translation in to Spanish required. This document must be translated in to Spanish and should be provided with “Apostille” stamp and it should be processed at hometown, service not available onsite. In case that the Birth Certificate of the Bride & Groom doesn't have the “Apostille” stamp. Parent´s name will not appear on the Marriage certificate, the spaces for those names will be filled out as i.e(---)
All requirements listed above must be brought to the first meeting with the wedding coordinator when you arrive.
None of the above mentioned services are included in any of package and these are the same everywhere in Mexico.
The IBEROSTAR Paraíso del Mar is an All Inclusive 5-star family hotel located in Playa Paraíso, between Playa del Carmen and Puerto Morelos, along Mexico's beautiful Mayan Riviera. With its grand, impressive Mexican decor, this luxurious Colonial-style resort will leave you in awe as soon as you step in to the reception area. The hotel’s complimentary shuttle makes it easy for guests to travel throughout the resort, it runs on a regular basis.
Luxurious Pool. The IBEROSTAR Paraíso del Mar Hotel is proud to offer one of the largest pools in the entire Mayan Riviera: over 3,280 feet in length! The pool area also highlights Balinese beds and palm-thatched gazebos for relaxation. This is without a doubt a 5-star luxury hotel.
Exquisite Dining. The culinary specialties prepared at the IBEROSTAR Paraíso del Mar Hotel are an experience for all five senses. Its generous selection of top buffets and à la carte restaurants serve appetizing specialties from Mexican fare to international cuisine.
A Sports Paradise. Sports aficionados who enjoy the great outdoors will be impressed by the IBEROSTAR Paraíso del Mar's extensive list of sports and leisure offerings including an amazing first class golf course and scuba center, among other great activities.
Some of the features and all inclusive elements at this resort are:
- all inclusive
- al la carte dining with 4 specialty restaurants, 1 buffet and 4 bars
- 11 am - 11 pm room service
- access to other resorts
- Kids Club ages 4-12
- water sports
Weddings at IBEOSTAR
Weddings are not free at Ibeostar and the packages all depend on the number of people. Packages start at $999 and go up from there. The basic wedding at $999 covers 10 people and additional people are $20 a piece. It includes:
- on site wedding specialist
- minister, judge or priest
- set up of the wedding
- champange toast after the wedding
- brides fresh floral bouquet and matching grooms boutinniere
- traditional cake decorated with flowers
- wedding dinner at a specialty restaurant
The Gold Star wedding is $2899 and is for 20 people, each additional guest is $25. This includes:
- on site wedding specialist
- minister, judge or priest
- set up for the wedding
- champagne toast after ceremony
- brides fresh floral bouquet and matching groom's boutinniere
- fresh floral centerpiece for the head wedding table during the ceremony
- sound system and cd player for the ceremony
- traditional white frosting cake decorate with fresh flowers
- wedding dinner in a specialty restaurant
- gift from the resort
- 10% discount on spa services for wedding guests
- test hair nd hairstyle for bride
- room upgrade to next category for bride and groom
- 30 minute couples massage
- post wedding romantic dinner for the wedding couple
Reception at IBEOSTAR
Your basic reception is included at Ibeostar, however you'll have to add more people to the package as your attendance comes in. Of course they have tons of add ons if you are interested. If this resort becomes a finalist on your list, I will gather all that information for you.
Beyond the Wedding
This area has any excursion you can think of - swim with dolphins, visit ruins, parasailing, tons! There is a lot to do at the resort though, so many people don't necessarily add excursions on their first trip to an all-inclusive.
how to Book
There are two deposits - one for the room and air or just the room and one for the wedding. Deposit amounts vary, depending on the package. For the resort, if we have the air, usually you pay that in the deposit.
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
I visited this resort last fall and was totally impressed with it. The only disadvantage to this is that it is not by anything - once you get to the resort, you stay. Town is a bit away and you would have to take a taxi to town. But, it is a nice resort with lots to do!
When you go to Cozumel, you have the same wedding requirements as you have at the other resort (above). Those are Mexican rules, not resort specific.
Getting to Cozumel is a multi-step process. You fly into Cancun, then take the transfers to from the airport to the boat dock, then a ferry to Cozumel, then transfers to the resort. All of that is included in the pricing.
Sunscape Resorts & Spas offer fun-filled and worry-free, family-friendly vacations without wristbands for families, friends, singles and couples. Guests will experience the convenience of Unlimited-Fun® – where everything is included – paired with a vibrant atmosphere and friendly service.
Sunscape’s family-friendly program features a kid’s check-in experience with red carpet stairs, welcome treats and resort passports for kids. Reservations are never required at specialty-themed restaurants, bars & lounges. Plus, spacious accommodations include private terraces, connecting rooms and kid’s amenities. With this plus gorgeous beachfront settings offering an array of beach, land and watersport activities and the Explorer’s Club for Kids ages 3 to 12 with Red Cross certified staff, guests will experience Unlimited-Fun® for the kid in everyone!
Unlimited-Fun® where everything is included
- Family-friendly accommodations including connecting rooms and in-room kid’s amenities
- Family check-in experience including red carpet stairs, a welcome treat and resort passports for kids
- 24-hour access to food and beverage options including kid-friendly menus
- A variety of buffet and à la carte restaurants without reservations required
- Bars and lounges serving international and domestic brand beverages
- Unlimited fruit juices, soft drinks and snacks
- In-room mini-bar fully stocked with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer
- Endless daily land and water activities for all ages
- Explorer’s Club for Kids ages 3 to 12, supervised by Red Cross certified staff
- Live music and local entertainment
- No wristbands required
- All taxes and gratuities included
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel offers fun-filled getaways with many different land and water activities. Guests will enjoy: Aqua aerobics • Beach and water volleyball • Hobie Cats • Kayaks • Ping pong • Tennis courts • Yoga • Snorkeling • Scuba diving* • Non-motorized water sports
The Explorer’s Club for Kids provides daily, supervised programs and activities for kids ages 3 to 12. Activities include: Sandcastle competitions • Arts and crafts • Movie nights • Playground and much more!
Tweens and teens ages 13 to 17 can enjoy themselves, too! With a variety of daily programs and activities perfect for this age group, everyone is sure to have a blast.
There are many types of rooms at this resort including family suites. There are 218 rooms at their resort and all feature one king or two double beds, mini bar, telephone, coffee maker, in room safe, satellite tv, bath amenities, daily maid service, air conditioning with in room controls, in room kid's amenities and family friendly connecting rooms (subject to availability).
Pricing based upon 2 adults for the 6 nights and include the transfers. The only way I can book your transfers is if we add the air with the package.
- With air from Cedar Rapids a tropical deluxe room is $2280.60
Weddings are complimentary with at least 7 nights in a honeymoon junior suite with Jacuzzi category or higher or if 5 rooms any category are booked for at least 3 nights. If not this package is $899. Once wedding is confirmed it cannot be canceled within 6 months of the date of the wedding without a fee. For weddings booked within 6 months of the wedding date the wedding cannot be canceled without the penalty. The cancellation penalty is $100. The complimentary wedding package may not be available during all dates and times at the discretion of the resort.
*Additional fees apply for service of a judge or minister. These fees vary by resort and will be confirmed by the wedding coordinator
The complimentary wedding includes:
- wedding organization and personal touch of the onsite coordinator
- boquet and boutonniere for wedding couple
- 15% discount on spa treatments
- Newlywed package which includes complimentary fresh fruist, bottle of sparkling wine, turn down service, breakfast in bed with Mimosa.
- wedding cake and sparkling wine for 10 guests, more at an additional price.
You can also move up to have a reception that includes a cocktail hour and dinner reception for $2499 or a few more options including a different menu for $2999. Each has additional charges for more than 20 people.
Beyond the Wedding
Cozumel is known as a diving and snorkeling destination. The water there is the most beautiful blue. We would book any excursions that you want before you go and I will get you a list from your respective resort.
How to Secure
There are two deposits - one for the room and air and one for the wedding. Deposit amounts vary, depending on the package.
Beaches Resort in Ocho Rios Jamaica
Beaches Ocho Rios has something for everyone in the family. If you're game for "surf & turf," from a huge action-adventure waterpark to championship golf for the whole family, look no further than Beaches Ocho Rios all-inclusive resort, voted among the Top 10 Best Beach Resorts by Parents magazine. Twenty-two acres of lush tropical gardens, a gorgeous private white-sand beach, seven gourmet restaurants, three fantastic swimming pools, a dedicated scuba practice pool and an entire ocean of watersports are just a few of the places & things to explore. Flip through this video book to see all about this amazing resort.
Beaches is truly an all inclusive resort. Leave your wallet behind and enjoy:
- Gourmet dining in 6 restaurants
- Complimentary transportation to and from the airport (approximately 1.5 hours away) and a complimentary airport lounge to grab a snack and beverage before transferring to the resort.
- Top shelf alcohol
- Entertainment every day with themed nights every night
- Welcome cocktail party
- Fitness Center
- All land sports like basketball, board games, shuffle board, table tennis, tennis, outdoor chess, pool tables, and croquet.
- Watersports: kayaks, hobie cats, windsurfing, scuba diving, glass bottom boat, banana boat rides, snorkeling, paddle boats, and aqua-trikes. Unlimited diving is for certified divers only.
- 5 pools and two whirlpools, suana, steamrooms
- Kids Camp Nestled on the hillside above the entrance of the hotel, is the Kids‟ Kamp. This area is specially designed to accommodate our guests 17 years and under. Activities are varied to ensure that every child who vacations with us has a fun filled and memorable holiday. Our facilities are manned by efficient and enthusiastic co-coordinators between the hours of 9:00 am to 9:00 pm daily. Separate facilities are divided by age.
- The Pirates Island Water Park provides guests with a splash-tastic vacation experience. The Water Park sits on an expansive 27,000 sq ft. area. There are six kiddie slides, allowing for Beaches youngest guests to slip n‟ slide their way into a memorable Caribbean vacation. A treasure trove of wet and wild fun, the Water Park also includes a Treasure Isle Aqua-Play area, complete with water cannons and a treasure chest. For the resort‟s tiniest Water Park enthusiast, Pirates Island unveils a kid‟s zone and zero entry kiddie pool complete with a misting crab, a squirting sea turtle and a splashing seahorse. For the not-so-young but young at heart, the Water Park features a tube slide, a body slide and a speed slide, all perfect for a day of coolin‟ down beneath the Caribbean sun. The Water Park also has a Water Crawl Cargo Net Aqua-Play Structure, complete with sea creature-themed stepping-stones including a starfish, an oyster shell and a nautilus shell, made from soft-play resilient foam.
- XBox Play lounge
- Strict no tipping policy! Except for spa services.
- Free basic wi-fi
All rooms and suites include a king-size bed or two double beds, A/C, telephone, cable T.V, Clock-radio, X-Box, safe, iron/ ironing board, coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, private bath with tub and shower, amenity kit and hair dryer.
There are many different room categories at Beaches Ocho Rios. For the sake of planning right now, I priced a basic room, when we do a group, unless someone wants a specific category, they are all in the basic room or above, as assigned by the resort.
Caribbean Deluxe Room with a king bed and a pull put sofa. With their location on the upper floors of the resort's main building, providing easy access to some of the resort's best amenities, these large accommodations feature traditional mahogany and marble furnishings, the choice of a king-sized bed or two double beds, flat screen television, and en-suite bathroom. The living area boasts a large, relaxing sitting space complete with a sofa bed. Many feature views of the spectacular St. Anne Mountains and resort grounds
I also priced this with and with out air from Cedar Rapids to Jamaica. All pricing is based on two adults. When we select the resort, we will look at more variables with pricing. Note that children are about $70 per night.
- 6 nights is normally $9876.00, with the current specials it is $4,084.20.
- 6 nights with air is normally $12,467.42, with the current specials it is $5176.52.
Weddings at Beaches Ocho Rios
In Jamaica, you must have a 48 hour residency period in order to get married. All documents must be notarized and sent into their Miami office 60 days prior to the wedding. We will walk you through everything. Their onsite wedding staff are PROFESSIONALS and the most gracious helpful people in the world! There is a $95 fee to the government to get married in Jamaica.
The most romantic place on earth for Caribbean destination weddings. With stunning beaches, endless expanses of white sand and lush gardens, romantic sunsets and exquisite turquoise waters, Beaches offers the perfect backdrop for your dream destination wedding. All Bride and Groom staying three (3) nights or longer in any room category will also receive the Beautiful Beginnings Wedding Theme FREE which includes the following:
The Beautiful Beginnings Wedding Theme (free package)
- Personal Pre-Wedding Planner
- Personal Resort Wedding Planner and Dedicated Resort Wedding Team
- Preparation of Marriage Documents
- Picturesque Wedding Location
- Chiavari Chairs
- Ceremony Musical Accompaniment (pre-recorded)
- Thirty (30) Minute Delightful Reception with sparkling wine & cold hors d' oeuvres for bride, groom and six guests
- Free Personal Wedding Website
- Free Wedding and Honeymoon Gift Registry
- Wedding Gift From Resort
- Complimentary One (1) 5"x7" Honeymoon Photo for Bride and Groom
- Honeymoon Dinner for Bride and Groom at a Resort Specialty Restaurant with White-glove service and a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine
- Decorated Honeymoon Room for Bride and Groom
- Mimosa Breakfast-in-Bed For Bride and Groom on any Morning of Choice
- Manicure for the Bride
- Massage for the Groom
- Magenta dendrobium orchid bouquet for the bride and magenta dendrobium boutonniere for the group
- Round reception tables
- Two tiered white fondant cake with magenta dendrobium topper
- Each additional table is $100 for the reception on this package.
If you want a sunset ceremony it is $500 additional.
If you book 10-19 rooms then you can also get:
- Complimentary room upgrade for bride and groom
- Group pre-registration and check in upon arrival
- Private pre-wedding celebration dinner for the group the day before the wedding
- 1 hour classic reception with hot and cold hors d’oeuvres, sparkling wine and signature cocktail for the group
- Pedicure for the Bride
If you want to do a full sit down dinner reception, beyond what is in the complimentary package, they have a number of packages available ranging from $45-$60 per person. The more rooms you book, we can get these dinners as complimentary.
- 20 or more rooms in group contract – private reception for three hours, wedding toast, hot and cold hors’doeuvres, plated dinner and full open bar
Below is the beach wedding venue:
Because this is an all inclusive resort and all your meals are included, we often recommend that you simply do a cocktail reception, rather than an complete dinner reception. It saves you money, allows you to still gather to celebrate, then everyone heads to dinner and afterwards join in the fun at the resort.
Beaches is pleased to offer you and your family a wide variety of menu options that will enhance your wedding experience starting with “Private” Welcome Cocktail Reception, Rehearsal Dinners, Bridal Luncheon, Buffet or Plated Dinners and ending with Farewell Brunches.
Delightful Reception for $15 per person
- Private Resort Reception Area for 30 Minutes
- Wedding Toast
- A Selection of Chef Inspired Cold Hors d’oeuvres
- This option is a complimentary inclusion for Bride and Groom and up to 6 guests; this menu price is applicable to additional guests, and exclusive of day pass fees. This option is a complimentary inclusion for all guests under wedding group contract or group code with 5-9 rooms and the duration is extended to 1 Hour. Sparkling Wine provided for wedding toast; food and beverage upgrades available at an additional cost.
Classic Reception for $20 per person
- Private Resort Reception Area for 1 Hour
- Wedding Toast
- A Selection of Chef Inspired Hot & Cold Hors d’oeuvres
- This option is a complimentary inclusion for all guests under a group contract or group code with 10 rooms or more. This menu price will be applicable to the Bride & Groom and all wedding guests, exclusive of day pass fees; Sparkling Wine provided for wedding toast; food and beverage upgrades available at an additional cost. Minimum 8 persons required.
Splendid Wedding Dinner for $45 per person
- Private Resort Dinner Area for Two Hours
- Wedding Toast
- Full Open Bar (2 hours)
- This menu price will be applicable to the Bride & Groom and all wedding guests, exclusive of day pass fees; Sparkling Wine provided for wedding toast; food and beverage upgrades available at an additional cost. Minimum 8 persons required.
Exquisite Wedding Reception & Dinner for $60 per person
- Private Resort Cocktail and Dinner Reception Area for Three Hours
- Wedding Toast
- Selection of Hot and Cold Hors d’oeuvres
- Splendid Plated Wedding Dinner
- Full Open Bar (3 hours)
- This menu price is applicable to the Bride & Groom and all guests. This option is a complimentary inclusion for all guests under a group contract or group code with 20 rooms or more.
Beyond the Wedding
With so much to do and so much already included at the resort, you'll want to limit your excursions. You want to get the full value out of the resort. However, I do recommend you consider doing at least one excursion to help give you the flavor of the island and get you immersed in the culture of Jamaica.
There are so many options for excursions from Beaches Ocho Rios. You can hike the waterfalls, go on a Rum Tour, play with dolphins, ziplining - you dream it, it can happen. I work with a variety of vendors to set those up for you and we preschedule to make it easier. Here is one of my favorite vendors and the options from Ocho Rios.
How to Secure This
This wedding package would be secured in two ways - the wedding package with a $500 deposit and the $400 deposit on the room or $1500 when we add air (has to be paid up front). I would then set up a group code to have secure pricing on the other rooms. You get all those group benefits when we do this.
Please note that this is VERY popular and if you feel like this is your choice, we need to move on it right away.
Dreams Punta Cana - Dominican Republic
Perfectly located on the east coast of the Dominican Republic, secluded in a lush tropical paradise where the flora kisses the ocean, lies Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The pristine golden beach in Uvero Alto, the nearby coral reef, and beautiful tropical surroundings immerse guests in a world of fantasy. Go far beyond the all-inclusive experience with Unlimited-Luxury®, where nearly everything is included. Relax at this AAA Four Diamond resort and enjoy comfortable accommodations and entertainment, including one of the largest free-form swimming pools in the Dominican Republic, stretching from the lobby all the way down to the beach, complete with a swim-up bar and venues throughout. Click here to take a closer look at this resort.
In Punta Cana, every person needs to purchase a Tourist Card, which I can facilitate. The cost is $10 per person.
Our Unlimited-Luxury® experience at Dreams Punta Cana, where everything is included, is redefining all-inclusive. Spacious rooms and suites are graciously appointed and luxuriously equipped with amenities. Active and lively settings provide entertainment for guests of all ages, including kids, teens and tweens with the supervised Explorer’s Club for Kids with Red Cross certified staff and Core Zone Teens Club. It’s all wristband-free!
Here is what is included:
- Limitless access to gourmet à la carte dining options without reservations required
- Unlimited international and domestic top shelf spirits
- Unlimited international & domestic top-shelf spirits
- Unlimited natural fruit juices and soft drinks
- 24-hour room & concierge service
- Pool and beach wait service
- Daily refreshed mini-bar with soft drinks, juice, bottled water & beer
- Endless daytime activities and live nightly entertainment – all lands and water sports
- No wristbands required
- All transfers are included to and from the airport
- All taxes and gratuities included
With this, we book everyone with a group code, meaning if each booking meets the criteria, then they get a discount on their package and then you also get a rebate just before travel. That amount depends on the number of people, nights booked, etc. We would not have any of those numbers until just before travel, so count it as a bonus, not something to plan into your budget.