Hi! I'm Kate...wife, mother and latte lover!
I'm also a natural light, lifestyle family photographer serving Calgary, Alberta and area.
I see the beauty in the ordinary and have a talent for capturing true emotion.
Life passes in the blink of an eye. I'm on a mission to capture life's fleeting moments so that parents may treasure the memories for years to come.
2021 UPDATE - Individual school photos are available indoors at your location.
The photographer (Kate) follows all Provincial COVID-19 related requirements.
Group/class photos are available at the discretion of the school.
(Pre)School Requirements / Set-up
- Photo days typically take place in spring (April/May) or fall (Sept/Oct) but Kate will work with your school's needs to determine the perfect time for you.
- A grey backdrop will be set up so that kids can have their photo taken one at a time.
- Individual pictures are taken of each child & teacher, if desired.
- All photographic equipment (camera, backdrop, etc.) is supplied by Kate. Equipment is cleaned regularly.
- A teacher helper is requested to assist with the flow of Photo Day.
The Ordering Process
- Photos are edited within 4 weeks of your school’s photo day.
- 1 - 3 images of each child are uploaded to a private, online viewing gallery for parents/guardians.
- Print/digital file packages are available for purchase, although not required.
- Parents/guardians may choose from 4 different packages (selecting 1 image from the 1 - 3).
- All packages include a digital file of the selected photo.
- Additional digital files, prints and packages are available for purchase.
- All communication regarding ordering/purchase of products is done online between Kate and the parent/guardian.
- They are produced through a professional photo lab that offers the highest quality professional photo printing services and products.
Benefits to Schools
- A professional & personal approach to school photography.
- Children are treated as the unique individuals that they are.
- Because I only work with a handful of schools each year, it allows me to really take the time with each child and address your school's needs.
- Digital files of class and children photos are provided to schools should they require them for yearbooks, etc.
- A high resolution digital file of each teacher is included at no extra cost. ($150 value)
- Every child will receive one 5x7 class photo (when applicable), regardless of whether or not they purchase a print package ($500+ value)
Kate Daniel Photography