weekly school News
1. Parent/Teacher Conferences: P/T conferences will occur over two evenings (October 24th & October 29th) from 4-7:00pm. If you have not already signed up for a time/date and would still like one, please contact your child's homeroom teacher (email contacts can be found in the next section of the MIS News) .
2. College Go! Week: College GO! Week is an annual, statewide event to promote enrollment in two- and four-year colleges across Indiana. Click below to see how MIS will be celebrating this next week.
3. Fall Break: Please remember that the two week Fall Break begins Monday, October 7th. School will resume following break on Monday, October 21st.
4. Lost & Found: If your child is missing an item, please have him/her check the lost & found table located outside of the office. Any items left on the table at the end of the school day next Friday, October 4th will be donated to a local charity.
5. E-Learning Days: All buildings will be closed to students on the planned eLearning days (November 7th and February 5th). This is a change in practice from last year. The corporation is working with the Boys and Girls Club and the YMCA for possible daycare opportunities for those who may need this. More information regarding this will be forthcoming as available.
6. MIS Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) Initiative:
7. Environmental Club: Help support the MIS Environmental Club’s efforts to both care for the Earth and supply a beautiful bench for the school. They are collecting plastic that will then be recycled into a beautiful bench and placed on school grounds for everyone to enjoy.
Come out and support the MIS Environmental Club! They will be holding their first fundraiser at the Greenfield DQ on Tuesday, October 1st, from 4pm to 7pm. Club members will be on hand to tell you about the exciting things they have in store including their current recycling project.
8. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned in earlier newsletters, two summers ago we had a large group of staff members meet on several occasions to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This evening, you will have the opportunity to review and sign your child's "Character Card." This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple positive comments already submitted:
"We are so thankful to have Mrs. Elsbury at MIS! She is amazing! The students all love her, and she really encourages them to read. She had the best book fairs!"
"Thank you to Miss Solchik for organizing a fun and engaging Literacy Night for MIS families! It was great to see so many families in attendance."
9. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Carson A., Jillian V., Janessa G., Daniel J., Charlotte P., Layla D., Cecelia S., & Addison B.
Our first nine week "Big Prize Drawing" rewards have arrived. If students would like to be entered for a chance to win these shiny, new bikes, they need to submit their Gotchas to the office or their homeroom teacher by next Friday at 8:00am.
10. Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation: Residency Information Form
You are receiving this correspondence because you have one or more students in the Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation. The school corporation is required to send out the residency form to each family twice a year. The information received from this form will be kept confidential and will be used by the corporation's McKinney-Vento liaison to assist with outreach to families. We appreciate your time in completing this form and returning it to the school. The link for the form is below.
11. QPR Training - Free Suicide Prevention Training for GC Parents/Guardians
12. School Dismissal Manager (CLICK FOR INSTRUCTIONS):
Maxwell Intermediate School utilizes the School Dismissal Manager program or app to safely manage transportation arrangements for our students at the end of the day. Parents may also report absences or schedule early dismissal for appointments. We are fully using SDM at this time. Any change you need to make to your child's after school transportation should be done through this prior to 1:00pm. If you have any questions regarding this program, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (317)326-3121.
KEEPING UP WITH THE LATEST AT MIS