kidney beans must me thoroughly soaked before being boiled.
- Kidney beans are in the Beans and Peas group.
- Kidney beans are healthy because they are an exellent source of molybdenum, folate, dietary fiber, copper, manganese, phosphorus, protein, vitamin B1, iron, patassium and magnesium.
- Kidney beans are commonly grown in the United Kingdom and the United States.
- Kidney beans are grown in a full sun exposure and in well draining soil.
- Kidney beans are ready to be harvested in late autumn.
- First when preparing kidney beans you MUST cook them before eating them, this is because kidney beans contain a toxin that can only be destroyed by cooking them thoroughly.
- To cook kidney beans, place the soaked kidney beans in a pan and cover with a fresh change of cold water, then bring to a boil. The beans must boil for ten minutes to destroy the toxin. After this, simmer until cooked approximately 45 to 60 minutes, then they should have an even, creamy texture throughout.
if just soaking a raw kidney bean without boiling them you are injesting a toxin.