Columbus, Ga. – Defending NAIA champion Keiser (Fla.) took top honors in four of the six events on the day to remain atop the team standings with 419 points after three days of competition at the NAIA Swimming & Diving Championships taking place at the Columbus Aquatic Center. The Seahawks Pol Roch set a new NAIA record in the 400 IM.
Day 3 Highlights
• Roch led the Seahawks charge, winning the 400 IM with a time of 3:53.47. That time breaks Kevin Sellars (California Baptist) record of 3:53.86 set back in 2009. It also marks Roch’s second individual title of the meet.
• In addition to the 400 IM, Keiser posted top honors in the 200 Medley Relay (1:29.11) as well as the 100 fly and 100 breast. Marcel Nagy captured his second individual title winning the 100 fly with a time of 48.04, while Lukas Macek and Joel Hansson went one-two in the 100 breast swimming 54.57 and 55.38, respectfully.
• SCAD (Ga.) is in second with 38.5 points after posting one win and three runner-up finishes on the night. Gergo Zachar went 48.86 to win the 100 back as teammate Brogan Bunner placed third in the event. The Bees began the night with back-to-back runner-up finishes in the 200 medley relay (1:31.76), while George Harsanyi swam 3:56.62 in the 400 IM. Zoltan Monori touched the wall in 1:40.28 to place second in the 200 free.
• Lindenwood-Belleville (Ill.) is in third place with 209 points. Ante Deny posted the final win of the session as he swam 1:39.85 to win the 200 free. The Lynx tallied five podium finishes on the night.
• Alex Wu of Asbury (Ky.) recorded a runner-up finish in the 100 fly with a time of 48.88.
• Cumberlands (Ky.) and Loyola (La.) have recorded 197 and 174 points, respectfully, to round out the top five.
The NAIA Championship will continue Saturday, March 2, with the final day of competition. Prelims are slated to begin at 9 a.m. EST, while finals will start at 5 p.m. EST. Live video of the championship can be found here, while live results can be found here.
For more information about the Men’s NAIA National Championship, check out the championship page here.