FREE funded whole school PE and gymnastics resources and training for 12 Bristol primary schools
The CPD is worth over £5,375 plus VAT and through this project it is fully funded for your school
We are excited to announce that the Bristol Primary Teaching School Alliance have been successful in winning a DfE national bid to support the improvement of PE and gymnastics teaching in the city. In partnership with Create Development, we are to become one of only nine DfE funded PE hubs across the country, in a pilot programme, testing models of delivery in the year ahead.
Our offer looks in detail at upskilling whole staff with PE and gymnastics teaching and includes full Schemes of Work and Lesson Plans based on the highly regarded real PE and real gym programmes which many schools have adopted over the last few years in the city and over 6,700 schools nationally. The offer also supports children and families to increase activity levels beyond their lessons at school. We aim to work closely with a PE lead in each school, to deliver high quality training and to support them to drive change whilst ensuring PE and Sport Premium is used effectively, showing good value for money and impact.
Selected schools will receive (all free of charge):
- 3 days of subject leader training - to upskill your PE lead and to support them to implement a new PE and gymnastics curriculum school wide.
- 1 day (or equivalent twilights / staff meetings) of core real PE training for all of your staff.
- 1 day (or equivalent twilights / staff meetings) of real gym training for all of your staff.
- Up to 2 days of in school support per school with a lead professional to support your staff: answering questions, supporting implementation, demonstrating lessons, mentoring, recapping sessions, observing and reviewing.
- A pupil survey to measure activity levels and engagement.
- A staff survey to measure confidence and changes to their practice.
- Assessment tools for children to track their activity levels and social and personal skills.
- An online support tool to look at progress with PE and Sport Premium.
- real PE and real gym resources and Schemes of Work / Lesson Plans for each year group and online resources written by national experts for staff and pupils to ensure lesson delivery is of exceptional quality.
- real play home logins for EYFS and Key Stage 1 families to encourage family engagement and increase physical activity levels at home.
- Access to Jasmine – your real online platform for all staff across the school. Includes all programmes for one year.
Aligned to National Curriculum and Ofsted requirements
Does your school:
- Need to make improvements to your PE and gymnastics provision and wish to make sustainable and long term improvements to your PE curriculum?
- Have the capacity and openness to implement a new PE curriculum and Scheme of Work focused on developing the whole child?
- Have a motivated PE lead who has potential to drive change across the school?
- Use a model where PE and gymnastics is taught by your class teachers who may not have specialist subject knowledge or the confidence to teach high quality lessons?
- Have limited funding or capacity to create lesson plans and resources to support the delivery of high quality PE?
- Wish to work with a skilled PE specialist to plan and track your school’s PE and Sport Premium to ensure good value for money?
- Want to work towards creating a healthier, more active and happier school and meet the Youth Sport Trust 30:30 offer to increase activity levels outside of timetabled PE?
- Show willing to use this project as the starting point and have the ambition to drive change past the dates of this project?
If this is your school, you will need a commitment to:
- Be part of a prestigious DfE funded pilot of PE and gymnastics in a small network of Bristol primary schools.
- Release your PE lead for 3 days of training on: Thursday 2nd April, Thursday 21st May and Wednesday 17th June to upskill them and support them to implement a new PE and gymnastics curriculum school wide.
- Make time for 1 day (or equivalent twilights / staff meetings) of core real PE training for all of your staff.
- Make time for 1 day (or equivalent twilights / staff meetings) of real gym training for all of your staff.
- Facilitate and agree time with a lead teacher for up to 2 days to support and demonstrate good practice in your school.
- Carry out relevant staff and pupil surveys and a review in line with the project aims.
- Implement core real PE and real gym programmes in each year group, which will be delivered by your teaching staff.
- Make use of the tracking and reporting tools.
Express your interest
If you are interested in being part of our exciting project, please contact Mike Eatwell at firstname.lastname@example.org before 6th March 2020.
Schools will be asked for some further information and then selected according to current provision, need and capacity in order to enable roll out from April. Successful schools will be announced by 31st March 2020.
real PE has revolutionised our approach to PE and Sport teaching.
Dan Harding, Headteacher, Stockton Heath Primary School, Warrington
It is a pleasure to observe the children in lessons receiving high quality PE teaching, whilst also developing their personal skills...An Ofsted inspector gave extremely high praise for the PE lessons they saw.
Liz Carrie, Co-Headteacher, Glenfield Infant School, Southampton