Charitable Lead Trust
A charitable lead trust is like the opposite of a charitable remainder trust. It is an irrevocable trust that provides a fixed amount or a percentage of the trust assets paid to a charity for a term of years or for the life of an individual or individuals. The remainder interest is either retained by the donor or given to a non-charitable beneficiary, usually a family member.
Benefits of a charitable lead trust
- Receive a gift or estate tax charitable deduction
- Pass inheritance on to family at a reduced or zero cost
- Establish a way to make annual gifts to charity
How it Works
- You make a contribution of your property to fund a trust that pays Eno income for a number of years.
- You receive a gift or estate tax deduction at the time of your gift.
- After a period of time, your family receives the trust assets plus any additional growth in value.
Now is the time to plan your legacy.
Explore the many ways you can help meet your financial goals, support your family, and maximize your philanthropic giving through sound and timely gift planning with Eno.
Contact us today about any questions you have or to learn more about planned giving at Eno Center for Transportation. Your inquiry is always confidential.