Building a community of faith... Leading people to become fully transformed followers of Jesus Christ.
New to Shawnee Alliance Church?
Would you like to know more about the church, submit a prayer request, connect with a pastor or find out about upcoming groups and events? Connect with us by filling out a Connect Card form at the bottom of our website or at the Church Center app. We would love to hear from you!
Have you been thinking about getting more involved and serving... but don't know where to start?
There are many opportunities to get more involved by serving together! On Sundays, maybe you'd like to work with the tech team or sing on the worship team, pray for our pastors and services with our prayer team, or help make coffee for our guests. Maybe you'd rather serve at a specific event, like Upward, Trunk-N-Treat, or Family Fun Night. Our staff would love to connect you in serving at Shawnee Alliance or in the community in a way that uses your gifts, talents and passions! You can start by filling out a volunteer form at shawneealliance.com/volunteer and we will be glad to help you connect with a ministry that fits well!
Preschool VBS Volunteers Needed! July 6-8 from 8:30-11:30am! Do you love to see Jesus work in the lives of children and enjoy helping with crafts, snacks, games or welcoming kids at the check-in table? Please join us and register by July 4 at shawneealliance.com/events. We appreciate your help!
Another way to get more involved is to join community through our Small Groups Ministry! Visit shawneealliance.com/groups and click Adult Groups, or use the Groups tab on the Church Center app to get started! You can use our Group Types and Filters to find the right group for you! There's still time to join the Sunday morning Philippians Bible Study and Winning the War Within on Wednesdays. Our Family Life Ministries are continually meeting, including Jr/Sr High small groups. "In-Home" and "Sports & Exercise Groups" are a great way to share life together while studying Scripture or playing volleyball! "Serving Groups" like Hands-On Ministry and Our Daily Bread allow you to get to know others while serving together.
Has God been laying it on your heart to start your own small group or Bible Study? Contact Pastor Bridgett at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in leading a group or Bible study this fall. We'd be happy to help you get started!
Are you interested in knowing your spiritual gifts?
Do I have a spiritual gift? If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, you have a spiritual gift! The Holy Spirit has blessed each of us with a specific way we can demonstrate the Spirit's power in our lives by serving others and building up His Church!
How do I discover my spiritual gifts? Take this personal assessment to discover your spiritual gifts and personality profile! arcchurches.com/disc
What's next? Our gifts are meant to be shared with others! God designed us with strengths and passions to help grow His Kingdom, and working alongside Him helps us to grow in our own faith as well! Think about ways you can serve using your gifts, and then fill out a volunteer form at shawneealliance.com/volunteer! If you're not sure, we'd love to help!
You can reach out to our staff at any time by filling out a connect card at the bottom of our website!
Who We Are: Our Core Values
- Faith - We love it when we see God make the "impossible" become reality in our lives.
- Biblical, meaningful teaching - Relevant, Biblical teaching brings transformation in people's lives.
- People - We are "real" and authentic here, and everyone is welcome. God cares about people, and so do we!
- Relationships - No one stands alone. The power of the Christian life is experienced in relationships where God transforms not only the individual, but also the community.
- Generosity - We love giving of our time and energy and partnering with God's purposes. We aspire to always use our God-given gifts and talents with humility and integrity.
- Grace & Healing - Shawnee Alliance is a safe place to admit and confront life issues, accept Jesus' grace and healing, and grow in faith and love.
- Missions - We actively participate in sharing the message of Christ's love, locally and throughout the world.
For more detailed info, please see below or visit shawneealliance.com/events
"Winning the War Within" class - Wednesdays, June 9-July 28 at 6:30pm
"Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen" Volunteer Day - June 17, 11am-1pm (more info at shawneealliance.com/groups)
Holy Spirit Workshop - June 19, 9am -12pm (register at shawneealliance.com/events)
Father's Day - June 20
Providence Mission Trip Fundraiser Bake Sale - June 20. We're also selling Simply Love Providence Basketball T-shirts in the lobby on Sundays through June 27!
Office Closed for Independence Day - July 5
Preschool VBS (ages 3-5 & potty-trained) - July 6-8 from 9-11am each day.
Keenagers Birthday Luncheon - July 13 at 11:30am
Baptism - August 8 at the Martin's Pond
Holy Spirit Workshop
The Holy Spirit is our best friend! Many people feel disconnected from Holy Spirit or have questions or doubts due to weird religious teachings. In this workshop you will learn how to hear God's voice and pursue encounters with His presence every day.
Please register at shawneealliance.com/events and join Pastor Bridgett in the East Campus Sanctuary from 9am-noon on Saturday, June 19.
Providence Fundraiser Bake Sale & T-shirts
As a fundraiser for our Providence Mission Trip in July, we will be selling baked goods on June 20. Treat your Dad to some goodies on Father's Day to support the team and the Providence RI Envision site! Presale orders available; please contact email@example.com for more information!
The team is also selling "Simply Love Providence" basketball T-shirts in the lobbies during the Sunday Morning worship services through June 27.
Please join us in purchasing treats and T-shirts for this mission outreach!
Children ages 3-5, come grow with Jesus at Preschool Vacation Bible School: Knights of North Castle! Register at shawneealliance.com/events by July 4 and join us July 6-8 from 9-11 am each day at the Activity Center. (MUST be potty-trained)
Volunteers are needed July 6-8 from 8:30-11:30 am! If you can help with crafts, snacks, games, check-in/out, etc., please register by July 4 at shawneealliance.com/events. We appreciate your help!
Ladies Day at Beulah Beach
Mark your calendar for Wednesday, July 28 to join women from all over the district at this FREE event located at the Beulah Beach Camp in Vermillion, OH! You will enjoy hearing from popular speaker, New York Times best-selling author, and former missionary Gracia Burnham, with music provided by award-winning Gospel music icon, Natalie Grant. Come with an open heart and an attitude of praise!
Contact the church office at 419-991-6546 for more information. Consider bringing some spending money for meals and to contribute to the free-will offering.
How to Connect With Us
Feeling connected with church community is an important part of life transformation! Here are ways to connect with us:
Tuesday Talks Podcast
Check out our podcast, Tuesday Talks with Shawnee Alliance Church! You'll find weekly episodes about how being a follower of Jesus impacts your everyday life. You can listen to us on iTunes, Spotify, Google Podcasts or YouTube. You can also find the link to the podcast at shawneealliance.com/media or https://shawneealliance.libsyn.com. Be sure to subscribe & share! Be sure to listen to our summer series on sexuality. These are conversations you won't want to miss!
Beulah Beach is a year-round camp and retreat center located in Vermilion, Ohio on the shores of Lake Erie. Beulah Beach has been a place of rest, relaxation, & spiritual renewal for guests since 1921, and welcomes children and students, singles, and families to experience Jesus and transformed lives.
Each year, Shawnee Alliance sends a team of dedicated volunteers on a missions work trip to participate in a variety of projects to help Beulah Beach get ready for their summer activities and ultimately reach families for Jesus!
This group has been going for years to bless and support the ministry by their labor of love. Listen to what participants have to say about their 2021 experience...
"We go to provide a place where Christ is seen and heard."
"We worked closely with the young Beulah Beach staff, helping them to prepare the grounds and facilities to receive campers of all ages for the 2021 season. "
"Our skills vary. From electrical to plumbing, landscaping, painting and carpentry, sewing, and cleaning, we worshipped our way through each job."
"Laughter occurred in each unique experience we participated in. The blessings flowed!"
"Since many of the campers go on to spread the Good News to the ends of the earth, our efforts matter to the unsaved, this summer and for generations to come!"
"It's a week of challenging work, hearty eating, laughter, spiritual fellowship and unity. We bond during our working and relaxing together... and make new lasting friends from Shawnee Alliance!"
Please pray for our youth and adults going on the Envision Mission Trip to Providence, Rhode Island on July 4-10.
Check out the new Prayer page on our website! Visit shawneealliance.com/prayer to find information about our prayer groups, events, and serving opportunities.
Bible Reading Plan
Bring transformation to your life by reading your Bible! You will get to know Jesus on a deeper level and learn wisdom for your everyday choices. You can find a free Bible in any of our church lobbies. Please feel free to take one when you're with us at church on Sunday or download the YouVersion app on your phone. Use this simple SOAP format to guide your interaction with God's Word:
- Scripture. Take your time reading each chapter and allow God to speak to you.
- Observation. What do you see God doing in the Scripture? What is God saying to you?
- Application. Ask yourself how you can apply this to your life right now.
- Prayer. Communicate with God and ask Him to help you apply this to your life.
Try it out this week! Add a chapter from Proverbs every day to the below plan. (This list is also posted every Sunday on social media.)
- Tuesday, June 15 - Psalm 27
- Wednesday, June 16 - Romans 6:1-14
- Thursday, June 17 - John 17:20-26
- Friday, June 18 - Acts 4:1-22
- Saturday, June 19 - Romans 10:1-13
- Sunday, June 20 - John 8:21-30
- Monday, June 21 - Matthew 25:31-46
- Tuesday, June 22 - Hebrews 11
- Wednesday, June 23 - Ephesians 2:1-10
- Thursday, June 24 - Romans 10
- Friday, June 25 - Colossians 2
- Saturday, June 26 - Galatians 5:13-26
- Sunday, June 27 - 1 Thess. 1:2-10
- Monday, June 28 - Romans 12
- Tuesday, June 29 - Philippians 2:12-18
- Wednesday, June 30 - John 17:6-19
- Thursday, July 1 - 2 Peter 1:1-11
- Friday, July 2 - Philippians 1:3-11
- Saturday, July 3 - 2 Timothy 2:14-26
- Sunday, July 4 - 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
- Monday, July 5 - Colossians 3:1-14
- Tuesday, July 6 - 1 Peter 4:1-11
- Wednesday, July 7 - John 15:1-17
- Thursday, July 8 - 1 Corinthians 13
- Friday, July 9 - Romans 12
- Saturday, July 10 - 1 John 4:7-21
- Sunday, July 11 - 1 Thessalonians 4:9-12
- Monday, July 12 - 1 Corinthians 15:35-58
- Tuesday, July 13 - Matthew 24:36-51
- Wednesday, July 14 - John 14:1-14
Giving at Shawnee Alliance
Thank you for giving to the ministries of Shawnee Alliance Church. Through your generosity, we continue to see life transformation happen in our church, community and around the world through missions!
3 Ways to Give:
1. Text the amount to 84321
2. Online at shawneealliance.com/donate
3. Church Center App - download today
Thank you for your generosity!