- Establishing the value of meetings and events
- Identification of possible KPIs
- Developing competency profiles for event agencies and suppliers to the events industry and outlining personal and professional skills of employees (both on the event planning and supplier side)
- Identifying requirements for the different providers (event venues, intermediaries)
- Recommended actions for destinations, venues and providers of meeting room infrastructure and technical facilities
- Recommended actions for communications and marketing departments within corporations and associations
Innovation catalogue reloaded
As part of the research process the innovation catalogue will be updated to identify international developments, trends and innovations in the field of digitisation (e.g. Big/Smart Data, Social Profiling, 5G, AI, Cyber Security) in regards to meetings and events.
- Access reports prior to publication and get exclusive study results
- Network with research partners and exchange know-how
- Benefit from the research expertise of the Fraunhofer IAO, gained through numerous research and development projects, as well as from the industry expertise of the German Convention Bureau (GCB) and the European Association of Event Centres (EVVC)
- Position your organisation as a future-orientated industry player by participating in a multidisciplinary innovation alliance
- Integrate the project into your company’s communication activities to target staff members, executives, boards, trade union representatives and the public at large
- Exposure in appropriate international media and through national and international presentations
- Future-proof your organisation through implementing the research findings
Outcomes in detail:
- Research meetings combined with best-practise examples and exchange within the meetings and events industry as well as across disciplines in order to illustrate innovative technologies and formats
- Interim report(s), e.g. PowerPoint presentations
- Complete innovation catalogue with additional details and further information
- Extended final report
The third FMS research phase will run over 18 months from 1 July 2019 to 31 December 2020.
The cost for each partner taking part in the third Research Phase is €35,000 (net, excluding travel expenses).
This amount can be split into two payments: €12,000 in 2019 and €23,000 in 2020.
Besides monetary commitment we invite every research partner to:
- Participate in research meetings during the project phase
- Contribute actively to research meetings with their expertise
- Identify potential empirical data survey respondents
Findings from Phase I and II:
Since its start the research network hast published the following findings:
- Innovation Catalogue: The Innovation Catalogue focuses on current trends and innovations and their relevance for the meetings industry. Based on current research, it also envisages future developments and visionary concepts.
- Future Meeting Scenarios: : In the future, customers will request meetings in a wide range of formats and providers will have to respond. This research segment has identified six future meeting scenarios.
- Description of a Future Meeting Room: The “Future Meeting Room” combines different scenarios and covers future participant requirements and demands.
- Description of six different delegate types
- Identification of crucial success factors of meetings
- Recommendations for action: Throughout the whole research process, recommendations for action are being developed, both for meeting planners and meeting industry suppliers.
Research Partners Phase I:
Research Partners Phase II: