Welcoming our Director of Youth Ministry Keith Johnson
We are so excited to welcome Keith and his wife Alicia as to Bethel and to the FUSION team! God has big plans here at Bethel and we cant wait to see how God uses Keith to serve our students, the students at Zion, an all over our community. To get to know Keith a little better I asked him a bunch of questions, take a look at his responses and make sure to make him and Alicia feel welcome the next time we see them!
- How did you meet Jesus? I met Jesus when I was young, as I was raised by Christian parents. We always went to Church, and AWANA, then Youth Group. I accepted Christ at home while in Elementary school. But it became real in Jr. High and Sr High youth group.
- How did you know you were called into ministry? While growing up and going to youth group in both Jr High and High school, I was involved in student leadership. It was during my freshman year of High School that I got to shadow my Youth Pastor for the day and saw what he does. I knew then that I wanted to do that for a career. Then once I graduated, I flew out to Minnesota to work at Lake Beauty Bible Camp for the summer where I was a Counselor for the summer. I fell in love with leading students to Christ and walking along side of them. Then once the summer was over, I went off to Covenant Bible College in Canada for the year. It was a tough year but a good year. I knew that since I wanted be a Youth Pastor, I needed to learn scripture more and have a better understanding of the Bible. Following that year of CBC, I went back to LBBC and was a Counselor for another summer. It was a blast. I then transferred to North Park University where I really dove head first to Biblical Studies and felt that this was the path for me. Once I graduated and move back to Colorado, I felt the urge to attend Denver Seminary and start moving forward towards finding and honing in on my skills leading youth. I had opportunities to serve many Churches in the Denver Metro area and Northern Colorado area. It was in Loveland Colorado at Crossroads Church, that I was baptized as an Adult (as I was baptized as an infant,) into my calling as a Youth Pastor. It has been a long journey to get to where I am now, but I have grown so much through it all.
- What is your favorite thing about working with students? My favorite thing about working with students is seeing their smile on their face when they are able to connect with what they are learning and asking the hard questions to move their faith forward. I love coming along side of them to encourage them and help them identify where their faith is.
- What are you most excited about when it comes to FUSION? I would say that getting to work with two great Churches and communities is exciting. It has a lot of potential to be something great and I love the idea of working with the students and families that attend both Churches connecting them to God and showing them that we care for them.
- What are some things you do for fun? I like to go on walks with my wife and our Corgi Watson. I also like to play Disc Golf, regular golf, and Fifa17 (Xbox One)
- What is your favorite movie/tv show? I would say my favorite movie is The Pursuit of Happyness. My Favorite show currently is The Walking Dead.
- Where are you from? I come from the great state of Colorado.
- What is your favorite bible verse? Proverbs 21:21 Whoever pursues righteousness and love finds life, prosperity and honor.
- What is your favorite book (besides the bible)? The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis are one of my favorite Series.
- What is one thing we should all know about you? Denver Broncos...
Make sure you introduce yourself the next time Keith and Alicia are with us!
Pray for Bethel
- Pray that we will make individual connections and build relationships of trust with people who don’t know Jesus.
- Pray that God will draw unchurched people closer to him through Bethel Covenant.
- Pray that God will raise up our future leaders
- Finally pray for me, your Pastor.