We use different email applications like MS Outlook in Windows, Outlook for Mac and Lotus Notes for IBM. If we shift from one to another E-mail client we need to convert the file format. Mac stores file in OLM format, MS Outlook in PST format and Lotus Notes in NSF format.
If a person is switching from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook then we need to convert NSF (Notes Storage format) files to PST (Personal Storage table). We can convert NSF to PST manually by using this technique. There is not a direct way to convert NSF to PST but by this method we can convert NSF files to PST.
This task is performed in 2 steps. First we need to transfer NSF Database to CSV or Structured Format and Second import these files to MS outlook.
Export NSF Database
• Launch Lotus Notes application in your System.
• Open NSF database from where we want to export data.
• Go to Menu, click on File tab and then Export button.
• Select the folder/location and system drive to save files
• Select Save as type field as Comma Seperated Value (CSV) or Structured Text and click OK.
Import files to MS Outlook
• Launch MS Outlook application.
• Go to File Menu, drag to Open tab and click on Import button.
• The Import wizard will open, select option Import from another Program or file and click next.
• Select Comma Seperated Value (CSV) or Structured Text
• Choose the file from the location you have saved it earlier and select the folder I your MS Outlook Mail box. Click on Finish button.
The NSF database will be exported to MS outlook and all the mails, contacts, events, calendars can be used in MS outlook as same as in PST file. Manual NSF to PST conversion is a complex process and there might be chance that all the files are not converted and you might lose your data. So you can use third party NSF to PST converter to easily convert the NSF files.
NSF to PST converter allows us to find NSF files and scans them. Preview all your Lotus Notes NSF files before conversion and select as per your needs, NSF to PST converter supports Lotus Notes 9.0.1, 9.0, 8.5, 8.0.2, 7.0, 6.5 and 6.0 version and you can save file in EML, RTF, PST, HTML or PDF format.