Vision & Mandate
Isaiah 54: 1-3 “Sing, O barren one, who did not bear; break forth into singing and cry aloud, you who have not been in labor! For the children of the desolate one will be more than the children of her who is married,” says the Lord. 2 “Enlarge the place of your tent, and let the curtains of your habitations be stretched out; do not hold back; lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes. 3 For you will spread abroad to the right and to the left, and your offspring will possess the nations and will people the desolate cities.
Our Core Values
we value reaching the lost with the love of Christ
we value being joined to one another in fellowship and being connected to the local church
we value responding to the knowledge of God`s love for us by loving and worshipping Him
we value serving the Lord, serving one another and serving His purpose
we value believers growing and becoming more like Christ
Why plant churches?
- True to biblical mandate.
- True to Great Commission of making disciples and baptizing them into a worshipping community with accountability and boundaries.
- Continually renew the Body of Christ.
- New churches best reach new generations, new residents and new people groups.
- Churches provide shepherding and the best environment to achieve life transformation through the renewal of the mind.
Meet the Postman Family
Pastor Ian received Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord in 2002 while a student in Port Elizabeth. A dramatic encounter with the Lord changed his life instantly and a pursuit of God was the result. Right from the onset, an intense passion and desire to see the lost saved became pre-eminent in Ian`s life.
In 2004, the Lord called Ian to serve Him in the ministry. Ian gave up a budding professional cricket career with the Warriors Franchise and a degree to pursue the call of God. After serving at various churches and ministries from 2004 – 2011, Ian received 2 words from the Lord to launch out and begin TCM. These prophetic words were later confirmed on 2 different occasions through 2 different people during local church services in Bloemfontein. Cindy is a phenomenal wife and mother. She is a true servant and loves to use her gifts of hospitality and functions in tremendous wisdom from the Lord.
Cindy is a Forensic Investigator by profession and uses every opportunity to minister the love of Jesus Christ. Cindy and Ian currently Pastor 3 church locations remotely from Johannesburg having raised up local leaders at each locality.
They have 2 beautiful daughters, Cassidy ( 14 ) and Micah ( 12 )
Pre-Launch Phase ( Jan - Aug 2017 )
- Recruit, build and cultivate relationships with partners
- Visit churches to learn
- Build relationships with various leaders in the community ( mayor, school officials, public servants )
- Establish web, social media and community presence
- Develop internship to develop leaders and invest in leaders
- Secure meeting location
- Develop strategic processes for preview services and launch day
- Buy necessary equipment
- Plan and conduct preview services ( May, June, July Aug )
Launch Phase ( Sept 2017 )
- Continue to develop and grow launch team
- Develop and implement community wide marketing strategy
- Recruit and develop strategic leaders and volunteers for various areas ( children’s, guest services, assimilations, music )
- Mobilize Mission teams to assist the church
- Begin weekly worship on Sunday 1 October
- Celebrate Launch Day with team
- Communicate and celebrate with partners