Getting Around the Tech Crawl
Participants will have two hours to leisurely explore up to 18 stations located across the Main Campus of The University of Arizona. You can get started at any location of your choosing, using our interactive map to learn more about each location before you pop in.
Note: You can also grab a printed map at the entrance of the Main Library starting at 3:45pm.
Each location will consist of a short, 10-15 minute demo, which will consist of hands-on practice with the technology or effective practice. Our hope is that you will leave with a new set of practical tools and approaches to integrate into your own teaching and learning.
Oh, and there are prizes, too...
Courtesy of The University of Arizona Bookstores and Adobe, we'll be raffling off sweet prizes at the No-Host Happy Hour at the end of the Tech Crawl. You'll get a raffle ticket at each location that you stop at on the crawl, and the raffle will be held at Gentle Ben's at around 6:30pm.
Here are a few tips to make the most of your Tech Crawl experience:
- Wear comfortable shoes. While the locations are all over flat terrain, you'll be covering a good stretch of campus if you hit all of the stations.
- Try to buddy up! Find a new colleague to explore the stations - you can grab a name tag in front of the Main Library or at a station to help identify other "tech crawlers" Bonus points if you pair up with a colleague from another institution :)
- Just a heads up that the start of the Tech Crawl will be a busy time on campus with students heading to classes. Don't worry, though - it'll calm down as the event progresses.
- Vote for your favorite station online at http://sli.do using the code #5238. Best station will be announced at Happy Hour.
- Tweet out your ideas and what you've learned using the hashtag #uatechcrawl.
If you have questions or need help at any time, come see our friendly volunteers at a table in front of the Main Library. We'll have printed maps, answers to questions, and maybe some sweet dance moves.
How to Register
Participants of the UA Tech Crawl can sign up one of two ways:
If you plan to also attend OLC Collaborate...
When you sign up for the OLC Collaborate event, designate on the sign up form that you also plan to attend the UA Tech Crawl.
If you only plan to attend the UA Tech Crawl...
The UA Tech Crawl is open to ALL UA faculty and staff, even if they do not plan to attend OLC Collaborate. Sign up using the form linked below to RSVP for the UA Tech Crawl Only.
About the Stations
Each location on the UA Tech Crawl will include the opportunity for you to learn a new effective practice or pedagogical innovation in a very short period of time. At each stop, you will:
- Receive an introduction to a new tool or practice
- Explore and/or play
- Have any questions answered as to how you might incorporate the tool or practice into your teaching and learning
No-Host Happy Hour
Once you've had your fill of technology, come join us on the patio of Gentle Ben's for complimentary snacks and lively conversation with your colleagues starting at 6:00pm. There will be a cash bar available to purchase drinks. Gentle Ben's is located on the West side of campus on University Boulevard.
Gentle Ben's Brewing Company
865 E University Blvd, Tucson, AZ 85719 • 520.624.4177
Additionally, we will hold the raffle with sweet prizes from Adobe and the UA Bookstores. Bring your tickets with you that you received at the stations. You must be present to win.
Lastly, bragging rights and an epic trophy will be awarded to the station with the most votes on Sli.do. Go to http://sli.do and enter code #5238. Leave a comment with the name/number of your favorite station and why you loved it to vote.