Mental Illness and Gun Violence
So many have been affected by gun violence. Don't let anyone else.
What can you do to spread prevention?
There is not one answer for what causes gun violence. It is brought on by numerous factors pertaining to the individual, their family, school, social and private life during both childhood and adolescence. One of the best ways to prevent gun violence is to do your research on the potential risks and behaviors of a violent individual, and aim to reduce their access to obtaining weapons. There are programs to help individuals suffering from mental illnesses that could potentially cause them to become violent. Prevention starts during childhood, where children need to be brought up with a healthy lifestyle, both mentally and physically. There have been policies put in place to prohibit high-risk groups from obtaining guns. Finally, one of the best things we can do to prevent gun violence is to stress the importance of keeping guns locked away until an emergency situation arises.
Do your part. Help protect our communities.
- N.p., n.d. Web. <http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2011/1101/360_wgun_0124.jpg>.
- N.p., n.d. Web. <http://www.advocate-online.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/gun-control-graphic2backup.jpg>.
- N.p., n.d. Web. <http://www.marlenvargasdelrazo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Gun-control-or-self-control-720x340.jpg>.
- "Connecticut Shootings Fast Facts." CNN. Cable News Network, 14 Dec. 2016. Web. 26 Mar. 2017. <http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/07/us/connecticut-shootings-fast-facts/>.
- "Columbine High School Shootings Fast Facts." CNN. Cable News Network, 26 May 2016. Web. 26 Mar. 2017. <http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/18/us/columbine-high-school-shootings-fast-facts/>.
- "Gun Violence Archive." Gun Violence Archive. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2017. <http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/>.
- N.p., n.d. Web. <http://www.chcs.org/media/ccircle-of-kids1-300x227.jpg>.
- "Knowing the Signs." Sandy Hook Promise. N.p., 2016. Web. 26 Mar. 2017. <https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/promise/pages/42/attachments/original/1480363103/SHP_Know_the_Signs_Guide.pdf?1480363103>.
- N.p., n.d. Web. <http://fairmountinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/community-2.jpg>.
- N.p., n.d. Web. <http://cdn.quotesgram.com/img/78/16/1812599010-Gun_20Violence_20Prevention.jpg>.
- N.p., n.d. Web. <http://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/jihadprotest.jpg>.
- N.p., n.d. Web. <http://assets.motherjones.com/politics/2015/04/chart-11-gun.jpg>.
- N.p., n.d. Web <http://s.newsweek.com/sites/www.newsweek.com/files/2017/02/03/0217gunviolence01.jpg>.
- "Gun Violence: Prediction, Prevention, and Policy." American Psychological Association. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Mar. 2017. <http://www.apa.org/pubs/info/reports/gun-violence-prevention.aspx>.