Earlier this month the team had their annual media day at the Jerome Schottenstein Center. It was a fun day of interviews and photoshoots with the Ohio State video department. The newcomers looked great in scarlet and gray as they rocked their Ohio State jerseys for the first time this season. Here is a sneak peek – Come see these Buckeyes in action this fall and be sure to follow us on social media @ohiostatewvb for updates!
Bucks Go Pro
We are excited to announce Senior Outside Hitter Audra Appold, Senior Middle Blocker Jasmine Koonts, Senior Setter Taylor Hughes, and Junior Outside Hitter Bia Franklin were selected for the 2018 Bucks Go Pro Class. Bia is interning at the James Cancer Hospital on campus, Audra in the Athletics Development Department, Jasmine with the Creative Services at Ohio State, and Taylor Hughes is interning with Big Lots in Bucks Go Pro 2.0. Bucks Go Pro strives to provide student-athletes with meaningful work experience in a professional setting as they prepare for life after college. We can’t wait to see these athletes represent the volleyball program in their final presentations at the end of the summer!
Third in Director’s Cup
The Ohio State University placed third in the 2017-2018 Learfield Directors’ Cup Spring Standings. See some highlights from the year below!
• The Buckeyes posted a record number of Scholar-Athletes (692), Academic All-Big Ten honorees (489), and Graduates (238)
• Student-Athletes achieved an Average Team GPA of 3.205 with over 200 Internships and 45 Study Abroad participants
• Programs produced 2 Team & 6 Individual National Champions, 136 All-Americans and 2 National Athletes of The Year
• Teams collected 10 Conference Championships, 3 Conference Tournament Championships, 9 Conference Players of the Year and 7 Conference Freshmen of the Year
• Coaches earned 9 Conference Coaches of the Year and 1 National Coach of the Year