Thursday, April 1st is an Asynchronous Learning Day. All Students will learn remotely and complete/submit work in Seesaw/Canvas. Attendance will be taken. Friday, April 2nd is a student/staff holiday and there will be no school.
Duff Elementary . . . No Ordinary Family
We enjoyed seeing so many of our virtual learners this week when they arrived for picture day! We so enjoyed the "normal" excitement, beautiful clothing choices, and spiffy hair that go along with picture day and our Mustangs looked MARVELOUS! You will be receiving an email soon from Glamourcraft with proofs where you have options for backgrounds and picture packages to purchase. We are finalizing a date for a picture re-take day if your child was absent or missed their appointment.
This week Duff students participated in a service project by stuffing approximately 12, 250 eggs for Mission Arlington's annual Easter Egg Hunt! Miss Tillie and her team were so excited to have the help and we were thrilled to have our Mustangs Making a Difference in their community!
COVID Safety reminders
- Please complete the Wellness Survey each morning before bringing your child to school. https://www.aisd.net/duff-elementary/
- If your child is quarantined due to an extracurricular activity please call the school (682.867.2000) and let us know your student will be virtual for the quarantine time.
- Please complete the wellness survey each day before your child arrives at school. https://www.aisd.net/duff-elementary/
- If you arrive to drop your student off in the circle drive or back parking lot and the doors are closed, students will need to enter the front door and have the temperature taken when they enter.
- Have your child ready to exit the car quickly with their backpack, water bottle, and mask each morning.
- Virtual Learners: Attending daily Zooms and completing required work is the best way to experience the online learning environment and is crucial to make adequate progress. In order to be counted present, you must attend Zoom(s) and/or complete all daily work.
- Face-to-Face Learners: We have been thankful to have 300+ face-to-face learners each day. When students need to miss school due to illness, quarantine, or appointments, they may choose to attend class via Zoom and/or complete required work in Canvas/Seesaw and be counted present.
- Administration will reach out after 3 unexcused absences to discuss a plan to improve attendance. When a student has 5 unexcused absences, the truancy officer is notified.
- Parents will complete a Change for Instructional Setting Request form when students are required to be quarantined. (please see link below)
- We look forward to the day when we have 100% of our students as face-to-face learners where we can give them our very best and know they are well prepared.
- The student code of conduct book discusses the Texas Attendance Law in more detail. https://www.aisd.net/district/departments/administration/student-behavioral-support-systems/
The Week In Review
We LOVE this part of the weekly newsletter. If you are a virtual learner, we would love to add some photos of your learning as well. Please send photos to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your photos too!
Created with images by geralt - "coronavirus contact no" • TerriC - "easter easter eggs easter egg" • AnnieSpratt - "eggs easter eggs candy" • geralt - "social media icon hand"