1. Davy Crocket was writing his letter to his children and he got a warm welcome from Texans
2. José de Urrea was headed toward Goliad along the Gulf Coast with another army.
3. James "Jim" Bowie was sent to SAN Antonio to evaluate the situation there.
4. William B. Travis was a colonel who was ordered to raise a force and assist Bowie.
5. James Bonham was a volunteer force from Alabama called the Mobil Grays also joined the Texas defenders.
6. Green Jameson was a 20 year old lawyer and was in charge of strengthening the plaza walls.
7. The Alamo was originally built as a mission not a fort.
8. When the Mexican troops marched into the city, the defenders, their families, and some local residents rushed to get inside the walls of the Alamo.
9. Historians estimated that there were about 200 soldiers defending the Alamo.
10. General Santa Anna believe that the fall of the Alamo would convince the Texans the surrender.