Henry Navarro will be joining us this summer as our Junction Artist in Residence, as part of the JAR 2018 Sewing Through a Landscape program. He is an emerged professional fashion and textile artist, fashion columnist and professor for fashion techniques and media presentation at Ryerson University, Toronto.
What We Have Planned:
An opportunity to participate in a 2 ½ day workshop in a remote location in the beautiful Kluane region.
- You will learn about place-based fashion and how to shape your fashion products for a market niche
- During the workshop, participants will develop project ideas and learn how to incorporate these ideas using haute couture fashion patterns, traditional or natural materials and more techniques
- The workshop will be an open setting where participants can freely explore their ideas and personally shape their workshop experience
- Participants have the chance to present their work at a fashion show
The workshop will take place from June 5-7th, 2018
Workshop fee is $120.00 which covers the cost of the workshop space and instruction and is limited to 8 participants
Accommodation and Food
Accommodations: Kluane Lake Research Station
- FULL Accommodation: 2 night stay in a cabin, 7 meals, washroom- $272
- Housing Only Accommodation: 2 night stay in a cabin- $122
- If you wish to bring your own accommodation (such as a tent or trailer) and food, you may use the on-site washrooms for a fee of $20
What to Bring
- Your personal sewing equipment
- Fabric or other textile materials
- If you have any project ideas that require a certain piece of equipment or material, please be in touch with us and we can assist with recommendations
- Any personal items such as clothes, toiletries, etc. to comfort you during your workshop stay.
How to Apply
Click the button above, or send an e-mail to email@example.com with:
- Your name, address and contact data
- Your artistic background or experience
- One or more project ideas that you would like to work on during the workshop
- Pick your preferred accommodation and food package. Note: If you don’t mention anything we will book you for Full Accommodation
Applications are due on May 18th, 2018
We look forward to receiving your application!
The Junction Artist in Residence (JAR) Team