Praise God for His Safe Haven's continued love and care for Liberian children with disabilities! Many lives have been saved by their willingness to take in the neglected & abused in Liberian society.
Praise God for:
- new plans for Mercy Ship, a Christian ministry which provides free surgeries to the people of Northwestern Africa, to come to Liberia in January, 2022! They have already agreed to do multiple surgeries to straighten limbs and release tendons and ligaments for the children of His Safe Haven (HSH).
- 4 new foster moms in training!
In addition to the His Safe Haven village, which houses over 20 special-needs children in homes with foster mothers, HSH also helps willing parents keep their children IN their own homes.
Please pray for little Jacob, pictured above. His mother, Esther, brought him to HSH last month. She is a single mother of 4 children. Jacob has severe Cerebral Palsy and has trouble swallowing, so he needs soft foods to eat. Esther wants to care for Jacob but is struggling to afford the food. Please pray for sponsors for Jacob. For $40/month, HSH can enable Esther to continue to care for Jacob in her own home. This covers the special foods and cost of transportation to visit HSH for regular therapy. If God leads you to sponsor Jacob, please email HSH at email@example.com.
Mexico - Nolan & Marie Schockey
Praise God for a recent report from Nolan & Marie Schockey, who train Mexican pastors in Juarez, Mexico!
One of the pastors, Isaiah, teaches weekly devotions to police cadets. Last month, he had his first class with 580 new cadets. When Isaiah asked how many would like to accept Christ as their Savior, 150 of the men and women raised their hands! He & Pedro will be able to teach them Bible one hour every week for the next 6 months. Please pray for them to have wisdom and protection and to be able to share the Word of God well. Pray for these 150 new believers to grow deeply in their faith and to make a difference in an often-corrupt city and police force.
Matt & Jonna - Central Asia
Covid is on the rise in Central Asia, so Matt & Jonna and their children are still in the US and praying about when to return. You may remember that they had a difficult time leaving their place of ministry due to Covid and travel restrictions. Their country does not have very good medical care.
Their children are Caleb (13 years old), Malachi (10), Charis (8), and Canaan (3). They are still homeschooling with their international school in Asia.
- Wisdom regarding travel plans.
- Canaan accidentally burned his hand. Please pray for it to heal well.
- Continued learning and growth distance learning from the other side of the globe.
Praise God for Matt & Noelle Harris, serving with Terebinth Ministries in Uganda! (Matt is pictured above with a monitor lizard he killed.) Praise God for Calvary Worship Center's congregation giving over $29,000 toward the new school building!
- Pray for the new pastors the school will be able to accept as they almost double their enrollment.
- Pray for favor from the government. The new building is required in order to achieve government-approved diplomas. Those diplomas will allow the pastors to continue teaching their various churches.
- Pray for the building process and any needed adjustments to the building plans.
- Pray for Matt as he steps into his new role as the director of the new branch of the pastoral training school when the building is completed.
Praise God that CWC Missionary Janice Evans has stayed healthy in the midst of a severe Covid outbreak and restrictions in Chornomorsk, Ukraine.
Please continue to pray for Ranota. Janice says the teen girls dresses and acts provocatively, but is the main teen bringing other youth to the church. In addition to Zhenya, the boy who immediately accepted Christ, she also brought Maxim, who also decided to follow Jesus. She also brought Anna to a girls' get together. Anna is Orthodox and her mother is concerned about her going to another type of church, so Anna is cautious. She has only been to church once but seemed very open to friendship and is interested in reading the Bible.
- For Ranota to find her worth in Christ. For her to continue to evangelize and grow.
- For Zhenya and Maxim to grow in the Lord.
- For Anna to turn to Christ and accept Him.
- For Janice as she continues to serve the new church plant, study Russian, and follow Christ with all her heart.
Calvary Worship Center Missions
If you'd like to be a part of what God is doing in Missions through Calvary Worship Center, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-632-3311!