Line: a mark made by a tool as it is drawn across a surface. The tool can be almost anything - a pencil, a pointed brush, a computer and mouse, even a cotton swab. Also, a line is defined as a moving dot or point, or can be called an open path.
- Line can describe shape, so we can recognize objects.
- Implied Lines are created by positioning a series of points so that your eye automatically connects them.
- Psychic Lines create a mental connection between two elements. There is NO REAL LINE.
- Lines have direction.
- Horizontal Lines imply quiet, and repose or tranquility.
- Vertical Lines have potential for activity or movement, but also represent strength and nobility.
- Diagonal Lines suggest motion.
- Contour Lines follow the edges of forms to describe outlines.
- Gesture Lines show action or dynamics of a pose like actions lines in a comic book.