weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, dance, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. Students Need Earbuds or Headphones for ILEARN which begins Wednesday: Please know that EACH CHILD WILL NEED EARBUDS OR HEADPHONES for this assessment. We would kindly ask that your child bring what he/she uses on a daily basis to school on these dates for the purpose of testing.
2. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned earlier this year, we had a large group of staff members who met on several occasions over the summer to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
As we enter the homestretch of the 2018-19 school year, we are asking for your help again. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your continued support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A few comments that have recently been shared:
""My daughter says Mrs. Tilley is fun! She loves watching the school house rock videos and the jingles they sing. She likes it when Mrs. Tilley karate chops sentences. She also said Mrs. Tilley will say 'Red Robin' and the class answers 'Yum'! I'm thankful for a teacher who can make learning fun!"
"Miss Strifler always has a smile and kind word to offer to anyone who needs them."
3. PTO News: Next Meeting - May 2nd @ 2:30pm We are looking for interested parents to help our students and staff continue the academic success that we have experienced this year. Board positions as well as volunteer positions are available for the 2019-20 school year. You can be as involved as much or little as fits your schedule. If you have any interest, we would encourage you to reach at to current PTO President, Mrs. Hasty (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Principal, Mr. Whitaker at email@example.com. We would love to speak with you about how you can support MIS. You may also visit the PTO Facebook page for more information. (https://www.facebook.com/Maxwell.Intermediate.PTO.gcsc.in.us)
4. Hancock County Art Show: Everyone is invited to attend the 33rd Annual Hancock County Art Show. The show will take place at Greenfield Central Junior High School on Thursday, April 25th and Friday, April 26th from 10:30 am to 8 pm. All artwork will be on display in the gymnasium. There will be a silent auction, and a brown bag raffle during the show. Raffle prizes will be awarded at 7 pm on the 26th, and you don’t need be present to win! Please come and support the awesome artists of Maxwell Intermediate School! These artists have worked very hard this school year and have created some incredible works of art!!! Looking forward to seeing many of you at the Show!!! - Mrs. Reynolds
5. 2019 ILEARN Schedule: Please know that EACH CHILD WILL NEED EARBUDS OR HEADPHONES for this assessment. We would kindly ask that your child bring what he/she uses on a daily basis to school on these dates for the purpose of testing.
Testing will begin at 8:10am each morning and will be taken in your child's homeroom classroom unless otherwise needed.
Please know that we will have two consecutive blue days (May 2nd/3rd) followed by two gold days (May 6th/7th) to allow us to complete testing.
6. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Chloe S., Ava B., Kensington D., Lainie G., Shyann R., R.J.S., Kerrigan S., and Rylee S.
7. Greenfield-Central Junior High Opportunities for Next Year's 7th Graders
Attention 6th Grade Parents! Your student is eligible to sign up for Strings Class at GC Junior High School for Fall 2019. Seventh Graders will have the opportunity to sign up for beginning violin, and their journey can continue with String Music Ensembles into 8th Grade and High School.
6th Grade Students will have the chance to try out a violin with a teacher during lunch on Tuesday, April 16.
Don’t delay, this is your only chance to join this program as a 7th grader. Please take a moment to review the attached letter, check out the Strings Website and videos, and Sign Up now by Friday, April 19 via this Google Form. Your student will be making beautiful music in no time!
8. Please find attached the most recent flyers regarding Greenfield-Central HS summer athletic camps:
9. Safe School Alert: SafeSchools Alert is our district's tip reporting service. If you have information about a threat to our safety, do your part and report it. Please remember, you can remain anonymous. Should you have a need to report an issue, please click on the link below for details on how to do so.
10. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
11. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
April 16th: Athletic Physical Night at GCHS (5pm - 7pm)
April 22nd - May 17th: ILEARN Testing Window
April 25th: K-Kids Meeting (7:00am)
May 2nd: PTO Meeting (2:30pm - Library)
May 10th: 5th Grade DARE Picnic
May 17th: 4th Grade Famous Hoosier Presentations
May 22nd: Incoming 4th Grade Parent Meeting (6:30pm - MIS Cafeteria)
May 23rd: Incoming 7th Grade Parent Meeting (7:00pm - GCJHS)
May 30th: End of Year Awards (More details/times to come soon)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY