FINAL MAJOR PROJECT REFLECTIVE JOURNAL W/C 20TH MARCH 2017

Now that my proposal and presentation is done, it is time to begin creating research for my game. To start with I looked at the primary data I got from my work experience in Florence, Italy. I went though all of the images and selecting specific ones that I found suitable for analysis and after picking out around 8-10 images I put them into a Photoshop document shrunk them so they all fit, rotated images when needed due to it being taken on a phone and then finally I began analyzing them going though each one and pointing out what I liked and in some cases how it came to be, which influenced to some degree how much I liked it. An example of this was the old fashioned wheat dispenser which I included mostly because of the fact that it was where people went to get cereal. I think most of this in hind sight is still effective as a strategy considering the fact I purposely took my personal bias into account helps me change it from the original inspiration as well as not duplicating anybodies current work within the games industry. One thing I would do different is not use a phone to capture images I want to use because it was a bit of a pain having to rotate all 10 images, I could also alternatively for save money on not buying a camera I could pay attention to which way I'm holding my phone when taking photo's to prevent randomly flipped images.

Moodboard from Florence

Another thing I did was create my Trello plan for the rest of my project which I intended to create much sooner but because I wasn't here for most of week one and week two I needed to catch up on lost time with my proposal and presentation I didn't have time to do it up until now. Even though it isn't optimal I didn't really need tello unto now because the tasks I did prior are simple additions to the trello so I don't regret my decision of leaving it to catch up because now that I have the time and now it's coming into relevancy.

I Began writing a spider scribe monday morning to help visualise idea's and also help plan for future project idea's by creating new branches to then later develop. So far I have planned out shops and potential items they could stock, and what those items will do. I would have preferred to have this start in week one like my plan suggests but I found I didn't have the time and only created an account, one extra week of personal idea's going into this week where I started analysing for possible idea's would have helped me due to having clearer goals already in place.

In unreal this week I have created the basic development of a not textured level for my player to go though, from level to level and also taking damage from basic spikes. The only other thing I have attempted to create is a way to spawn and fire projectiles. I have managed to figure out how to spawn them but I have not gotten the projectile to actually move though.

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.