Welcome September! We hope you were all able to stay safe during the mandatory evacuation for Hurricane Dorian. While it wasn't an ideal situation, the safety of our scholars is always the number priority and hurricanes are completely unpredictable. We are looking forward to kicking off September tomorrow by welcoming our scholars back and announcing our August Scholars of the Month! Earning the recognition of a #BeBCMS Scholar of the Month means you have gone out of your way to exhibit the life long qualities that we continuously work on at Bryan County Middle School. You are respectful in your actions with human beings, you are courteous and helpful, you strive to do and be your best, and you manage your behavior by pressing pause and thinking about your response and if it will garner the best possible outcome. These are the #BeBCMS PBIS mantra points and we work hard everyday to hone them in each other and in our scholars!
Our news crew kicked off last week with a bang! we are able to stream live daily-- the news of BCMS being brought live to the scholars of BCMS by the scholars of bcms! AMAZING!
Early morning News Crew prep with Mr. Mitchell 📝
Scholars waiting for News Crew to hit live! 📺
Redskin softball is getting better and growing together! 🥎
Scholars using the outdoor learning space makes me happy! ☺️
Mrs. Davis is our new counselor this year and she is fantastic! We are so lucky to have her! ❤️
Rock our school day is coming 9.19.19
Scholars will be hype for an ExExExCiting day in their learning spaces!
Bryan County Middle School is proud to announce Mr. Quincy Hills as our 2019-2020 Teacher of the Year! Check out the tribute we put together to suprise Mr. Hills with this ELITE honor!
BCMS is once again collecting Box Tops! Check out the Box Top Link for the new ways to submit box tops! This year, we will still submit the transition cut box tops- but you can get the app for your phone and scan them in! Check out the information here!
Our start time this year is 8:35. Our end time is 3:35. Breakfast will begin at 8:10. Homeroom begins at 8:35 and is for attendance purposes. If you have questions regarding car drop off or bus transportation, please call our front office! DROP and read time continues and for the month of of August, it is at the end of the day and is a choice novel. We encourage families to grab a book off our of Free Little Libraries when you are at open house to read with your child!
Thank you for joining us for our First Coffee and Conversations of 2019/2020. If you missed it, don't worry, we will have several other sessions throughout the year.
•Welcome Back Scholars• 🎉
2019/20 #beBcms administrtion team
Mrs. Raeburn as Principal, Mr. Scott as our Assistant Principal and BCHS Head Football Coach and Mrs. Ennis, Assistant Principal and Director of Athletics. We love serving our school and community. ❤️🎉🤓
#BeYouBeHereBelong #ALLin #BeBCMS
Bryan County Middle School Teacher of the Year 2019•2020
This week in Athletics! 🏆🎾🏐⚽️🏀🏈⚾️🥎
Upcoming events and notes:
- Monday-September 9th- #CelebrateMonday Welcome Back!
- Tuesday-September 10th- #TurnUpTuesday- Softball AWAY at Toombs
- Wednesday-September 11th- #WinWednesday
- Thursday-September 12th-#ThankfulThursday- Football HOME 4:30, Softball AWAY at Glennville
- Friday-September 13th-Redskin Spirit Day! Go Redskins!
- Spirit Week is coming...the week of 9.30-- BCHS Homecoming is 10/4
- Yearbooks are on sale! $40.00. You can use My Payments Plus to pay! Go to Parent Information/My Payments Plus on our web page.
- You can get #BeBCMS newsletter in a variety of ways. It is posted to our facebook page every Sunday. It is sent out via Thrillshare based on the number you have stored as primary in Powerschool, and it is also linked on our web page. Please check your Powerschool primary phone information to make sure you can get texts from Thrillshare. This year, I will not be using REMIND.
- Field Trips are being scheduled and will be loaded into My Payments Plus so you can make payments toward the larger, more expensive field trips. Stay tuned for more information from the grade level teams. If you have questions regarding the trips, please reach out to your child's teachers
- Grade Levels send out a "Peek of the Week" each week. These Peeks can be found on our website and on our Facebook page. You can also check them out on Twitter.
- Ms. Raeburn’s cell: 912-255-0630
- Ms. Raeburn’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support of Bryan County Middle. I am proud to serve as the Principal of the best middle school in Georgia!
We want YOU to have it all! 🤓🌟💯🤩😎💔