- Teacher with at least two years of classroom teaching experience.
- Certified as a K-12 librarian in Texas or is currently enrolled in a Master of Library Science certification program.
Julie Briggs, Director of Library Media Services & Brandi Rosales, Library Systems Administrator
16 library based questions allowing 1 hour for response time: principals or vice-principals are welcome to join us for this step.
A 90 minutes online task based curation and collaboration assessment.
- Curation of print resources
- Online resource suggestions
- Technology integration
- Lesson design
- Incorporates digital literacy
- Social 3.0 sharing
Initial Interview + Inbox Activity = Hiring Rating
A teacher-librarian has at least two years of classroom teaching experience, plus they have a K-12 Masters Degree in Library Science.
A teacher who has two or more years of teaching experience and is currently enrolled in a librarian certification program. Applicant will be placed on a deficiency plan based on the progress in their graduate work and estimated time of graduation.
We have a list of idea questions (samples below) for campus administration to ask potential candidates. These questions are design to see how the librarian would contribute to campus achievement. Campus administration of course are welcome to ask any questions they feel would help give them an idea for a good hiring fit.
- How will you ensure the library program is contributing to student learning and campus goals?
- As a librarian, how would you build relationships with faculty and staff to ensure that information literacy skills and technology skills are integrated into the teaching and learning programs in the classroom?
- How could classroom teachers incorporate the library to help their students be successful?
New Librarian Support
- Certified librarian mentor assigned
- Monthly new librarian meeting
- Monthly librarian meeting
- Specific 1st year staff development