Injecting creativity into the curriculum
- Connect as a community of creative educators.
- Provide a platform on which to celebrate best practice examples of educators who are injecting creativity in the classroom, on campus and in their community.
- As a community of practice, share approaches to preparing students for the future and create educational materials to support the broader Adobe education community.
- Define relevant community-building strategies, tactics and roles to engage creative educators across the globe.
- Develop and share product knowledge.
- Connect with the wider ICT in Education community
ARRIVAL & RECEPTION - Monday, September 30
From 2:00pm: Those traveling from outside of Sydney to check into their rooms at the Sofitel Hotel, Darling Harbour (12 Darling Dr, Sydney).
Note that a taxi fare from the airport can be about $60. There is a light rail direct from Central Station to the Sofitel. Note that you will need to purchase an Opal Card. Click here for more information.
6:00pm - 8:00pm - Welcome Reception at Adobe Sydney Offices (Darling Park, Tower 2, Level 27, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney, NSW).
DAY ONE: Tuesday, October 1
- 7:30 AM - 8:15 AM: Breakfast at the Sofitel hotel for hotel guests (can be busy at that time, allow time for a 10-15min walk to the Adobe Office)
Going Live to air
- 8:30 AM: Welcome & introductions - Dr Tim Kitchen
- 8:40 AM: Adobe Education Programs Global Overview - Clara Galan
- 9:00 AM: Link with Tacy Trowbridge in the US
- 9.15 AM: Adobe Education Exchange Update with Matt Niemitz
- 9.30 AM to 10.30 AM - 4x Creative Catalyst Talks
- 9.30 AM - Craig Daalmeijer-Power - Engaging staff in Adobe Edex
- 9.45 AM - Michelle Dennis - #coLAB: Collaboration and design thinking in Middle Years
- 10.00 AM - Eden Carey - Adobe Apps 2 Go
- 10.15 AM - Trevor Milevskiy - Adobe in the Tropics (Top 10)
- 10:30 AM: Morning Tea (break from live transmission)
- 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: 4x Creative Catalyst Talks - Live to Air
- 11.00 AM - Emma Wise - Kerikeri High School (NZ) & Adobe
- 11.15 AM - Dean Utian - Seeing differently through a cinematic lens
- 11.30 AM - Jason Carthew - From little things
- 11.45 AM - Brett Kent - Creativity in an education that measures sameness
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM: Workshop Sessions Part 1
- Adobe Rush - Craig Daalmeijer-Power (Kosciusko)
- Adobe XD - Jane Chen (Nambucca)
- Adobe Dimension - Brian Chau (Uluru)
- 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Mini Creative Jam with Adobe XD/Video Comp with Adobe Rush
- 4:00 PM - Afternoon tea available while working
- 5:00 PM - Conclude
- 6.00 PM - Harbour Cruise & Dinner (1.5hr version & 3hr version) meet at King St Wharf
DAY TWO: Wednesday, October 2
- 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM: Breakfast at the Sofitel hotel for hotel guests (can be busy at that time)
- 8.30 AM - Mini Creative Jam & Adobe Rush Showcase & peer judging (Live to Air)
- 9.15 AM - Creative Catalyst Talk by David Dodds, AEL from UCLA
- 9.30 AM - Project Aero demo (Jane Chen)
- 10.00 AM - Adobe Substance demo (Alwyn Hunt)
- 10.30 AM - Morning Tea (stop live broadcast)
- 11.00 AM - STEAM Project with Dr Bronwen Wade (Macquarie University)
- 12.30 PM - Lunch
- 1.30 PM - Workshop Sessions Part 2
- Adobe Character Animator - Craig Daalmeijer-Power (Kosciusko)
- Adobe mobile apps including Adobe Fresco - Jane Chen (Nambcucca)
- 3.00 PM - Afternoon tea
- 3.30 PM - Wrap up session, evaluation & Group Photo
- 4.00 PM - Conclude
Please make your own arrangements for your Wed evening meal & accomodation if staying on for the extra optional day.
OPTIONAL DAY THREE: Morning of Thursday, October 3
Inject Creativity into the Curriculum with Adobe (NESA Accredited for 4hrs for the Proficient Teacher career stage - covering Standard Descriptors 2.6.2 & 6.2.2)
NSW AELs & ACLs are encouraged to invite colleagues and their wider network to this event
- 9.30 AM - Welcome & Character Animator demo
- 9.45 AM - The global impact of Adobe in Education - Clara Galan
- 10.00 AM - Spark activity
- 10.20 AM -Workshop options
- 12.00 PM - Wrap up, feedback & Group Photo
- 12.30 PM - Conclude