List of missionaries in Africa:
David Livingston, Mary sessor, Charles studs, Joseph booth.
Missionaries tried to make converts and hold them on their situations but they still seemed to be doubt.
The statement in 1977 was that only 12% of people on mission were there for "spirituals" reasons.
The rest were there for material advantage or physical security. (Advantages for themselves)
* In South Africa most of the leaders who participated in the fight for independence were educated by missionaries or schools built by missionaries.
* During colonialism in South Africa they defied the government and educated black students at a time when the colonial government forbade this practice.
* Many missionaries built clinics and brought in medicine which saved millions of black lives.
* It is a fact that some of these missionaries assisted their government in the subjugation of Africa.
* Robert Moffat was a missionary to Africa
Most missionary involvement starting to be allowed in the 1920s when Africa was starting to become safer. Most all of the missionaries started to arrive by sea in the 19th century. but,after WWI, churches started settling in certain parts of Africa. The churches lasted through most of the colonial era.Many different religions were sent to help and to make it a safer place to live not just Nigeria, but also Africa.Some religions that were sent to Africa were: Catholic,Christianity,Islamic, and many others, but some people who lived in Africa did not think they need a different religion so they decided to make their own church.
About 130 years ago there were missionaries in africa that were founded, and they continued to remain faithful to share the the life and their mission.Christian Missionaries were to sent to Africa becuase Africans did not know anything about Jesus or what he did.The most famous missionary in Africa who saved peoples lives was Mahatma Ghandi.