Proposal Submission General Guidelines
1) Maximum two (2) presenters per proposal are allowed. Pre-service students presentations are not allowed.
2) The title of your proposal must not exceed eight (8) words.
3) Each biographical statement must not exceed fifty (50) words per presenter.
4) Attach a profile picture per presenter in .jpg, jpeg or .png for advertising purposes.
5) Keep the abstract and summary anonymous. Presenters names should not appear within the abstract and summary.
6) Make sure you develop the abstract information in the summary. The abstract must not be longer than 200 words. The summary length must be within 550 and 800 words.
7) It is of the highest importance that you rationally organize your article. The referees will value the paper content which has been clearly streamlined.
8) In case of acceptance, the abstract and the summary will appear in the Proceedings of the Convention at VenTESOL’s Community of Practice http://ventesol.ning.com/ and main website http://www.ventesol.org
9) Use no more than three heading levels, if necessary. To cite references, use APA style. For example, refer to authors in this way: (Hedge, 2000a, 2000b; Lindstromberg, 2004; Seligson, 1997; and Thornbury, 2005) ; (Ausubel, Novak & Hanesian, 1983, p. 46).
10) The whole proposal must be language-edited as necessary before submission. Referees and/or organizing committee will not edit any information from the proposal.
* Presenters must provide enough handouts for chosen number of participants. One copy is to be submitted at the presenter’s desk or sent through e-mail for VenTESOL records. Digital handouts are highly encouraged.
* All rooms will be arranged theater-style unless otherwise specified by written request.
* Each room will be equipped with the following audio-visual equipment: a laptop, a video beam, speakers and a screen. If you need additional audio-visual equipment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before March 15th, 2017 to sort rental arrangements.
VenTESOL 2017 ® All rights reserved
Now, here's a preview of how the Online Proposal Submission Form looks like...