The key feature of the main game loop is that you have 2 interconnected chains of characters. They represent Politics and Business.
Matching the right characters in the right way will provide you with money and stamps. If you have enough stamps and money you can enhance the current chain of characters - just build one of the available buildings which will generate new ones.
e.g. 3 of the politics graduate become a councillor. 3 councillors - a mayor and 3 mayor - a governor. Max level in this chain gives you a building permit which turns into the option to build a new building.
A building can spawn directly higher levels of your characters like mayors or salesman effectively making this a lot more strategic than the other match3 puzzlers, the spawns have a countdown at which they have to be placed or become an unwanted element like rioters or protestors.
These can only be removed by building police buildings which spawn cops, SWATs etc (one for each type of unwanted element).
When all resources are controlled you need to suppress protesters who are acting against your’s risen influence. Only then you will get the city.
Each city generates money you spend for resources and trick cards.
You have special trick cards which ease sophisticated gameplay:
- TNT card - to get rid of pines and unfinished constructions
- CLONE card - to fill a place of a missing person or object to be matched
- SWITCH card - to change a character
- UFO card - to teleport everyone & everything
- GANG card - to eliminate everyone & everything
- BACK card - undo previous action
- The awesome twist on Match-3 puzzle
- Feel like a puppet master manipulating 20 cool animated characters
- Play through plenty of brain-challenging levels in a Story mode
- Stop at nothing to be the best in the Endless mode
- Customize your main character
- Smash rebels in "reversi-like" battles