Aims and objectives
- To foster more engagement with students through the use of student-generated content
- To give students valuable experience of content creation and management whilst also improving their online profiles
- To build links with the curriculum via the use of assessed student content
- To support the Lincoln Academy of Learning and Teaching by providing an online community of practice for academics to share and disseminate best practice
- To enable Schools to better communicate their work to key audiences
- To help promote University initiatives to the student community
- To ensure that content is developed for the full range of the student community
- To replace the current blogs platform which has a number of major problems with an improved and better-structured alternative
- To encourage blog owners to take a more consistent approach to layout and design and to make it easier for users to find content
- Dec 2016/Jan 2017 – Platform set up and configuration
- Feb/Mar 2017 – launch of new student community hub and soft launch of academic hub
- Feb/Mar 2017 onwards – migration of content from old blogs platform to new and creation of new subject area blogs to bring content together in a more managed way.
- Easter 2017 – launch of academic hub as part of LALT launch.
- September 2017 – review and plan further development in 2017/18.
- December 2017 – aim to shut down old blogging platform.