LEWISTON, Idaho - [Schedule | Bracket] St. Thomas (Fla.) stormed-out to a seven run advantage in the third and never looked back. The Bobcats, helped by a big grand slam in the third, put together seven runs on six hits in the frame and went on to punch its ticket to the 2019 NAIA Baseball National Championship, 10-2.
St. Thomas (Fla.) 8, Science & Arts (Okla.) 0
- St. Thomas made a statement beginning in the third inning. The Bobcats dropped a seven spot on the board, thanks in part to a Sergio Lopez grand slam. All totaled, the Bobcats scored seven runs on six hits with no errors.
- Lopez’ grand slam was the fourth of the 2019 World Series. Brody Wofford (Georgia Gwinnett), Anthony Williams (Tennessee Wesleyan), and Nick Barnes (Georgia Gwinnett) were the other three to hit one during the series.
- The record for grand slams in an NAIA World Series is six, which occurred in 1987.
- Alejandro Rivero sent the eighth run home for the Bobcats with a sacrifice fly to left.
- Every starting position player for St. Thomas reached base in Thursday’s game.