- Task given; Week 2 -Term 2 -2018
- Submission due; Week 2 -Term 3 -2018
The focus for term two is working with publications. This will involve gaining a good understanding of layout (both conventional and contemporary), working with grids / modules and the production of hard copy and digital zines.
Coursework tasks for this term
- The creation of 4 x A4 layouts that utilize text as a design element only.
- 1 x 8 page A5 hard-copy zine whose primary content is composed of found text and images.
- 1 x 8 page digital zine (Photoshop)
- 1 x 4 page digital zine (InDesign)
- 1 x related research task focusing on grid design
- Create each A4 document in Photoshop @ 240dpi
- Use the type tool to place your text into individual layers in the document
- Rasterize the type layers so that you can transformation or otherwise modify the type
Task 2B | Zine publications
Zines by definition are ” small magazines that are written by people who are not professional writers and that usually have stories about a particular subject” So in essence Zine production has until recently been the domain of specific interest groups and individuals. However with access to the internet and publishing software, zine production has broadened its user base to include semi professional and professional authors.
The thematic for each of the project components for this task is to be decided upon by you the student. Look to what interests and enthuses you, so that you have a level of personal investment in the final product.
Part 1 | 1 x 8 page A5 hard-copy zine whose primary content is composed of found text and images.
Part 2 | 1 x 8 page digital zine (Photoshop)
Part 3 | 1 x 4 page digital zine (InDesign)