- Small components so that each tab/module is an easily navigated with short explanations written with summaries and logical prompts to other content.
- Language is simple, written in the active tense, 'inclusive', and information is chunked.
- Graphics, colour and images used with information and there is space on the site between the textual and graphical information.
- Links are descriptive and work.
- Interactive and extended information through examples and activities such questions for understanding.
- Tailored content can be added with example annotated essays and writing genres from different faculties (e.g. case studies, rationales, proposals, etc).
- Connections are clearly made to transferable skills to professional practice and between practices (inter-professional skill transferability, see information from FYA below).
- User tested and co-designed with students.
Information on transferable skills
Are the online learning objectives logical and clearly defined, achievable, measurable and demonstrable?
Are all the materials written in plain English and without jargon?
Have I considered the Real World 2020 Vision and Blending Learning Framework documents?
Have I determined students prior skills level and knowledge?
Are there opportunities for students to lead their learning and have choice/input into the online content?
Is the digital tool inclusive of all students? Have I considered the diversity in the QUT student population such as membership of at-risk or equity groups, widening participation cohorts, students from different transition pathways, students with learning difficulties and disabilities and/or varying levels of English?
Will the online tool engage and challenge students?
Does the online tool cater to students’ differing abilities and learning styles?
Have I tested the digital tool with students and staff?
Does the platform lend itself easily to being embedded on Blackboard and on different platforms such a mobile phone, tablets etc?
Queensland University of Technology. (2017) Real World Learning 2020 Vision. Retrieved from file:///C:/Users/turnerr/Downloads/RWLVisionflyer_V2_2016.pdf
Queensland University of Technology. (2016). QUT Blueprint 5. Retrieved from https://cms.qut.edu.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0013/71113/qut-blueprint.pdf
Queensland University of Technology. (2017). QUT Blended and Online Learning Framework (V1.1 2016). Retrieved from file:///C:/Users/turnerr/Downloads/Online%20Blended%20Learning%20framework%202016%20V1%201%20(1).pdf