- Many lessons were taught throughout the Alchemist. Lessons that people of all age could benefit from reading the Alchemist. Below are some of the main points/themes that Paulo Coelho taught in the book.
- Seize the day - you don't know how much time you have left
- Think outside of the box - look for clues to guide you in the right direction
- See the good in people - although someone may no agree with your actions, their response may lead you in a direction
- God exists everywhere - somehow God is always finding ways to send you clues through people, objects, or places
What did I learn from The Alchemist?
- On top of the many lessons and realizations I gained form the Alchemist, the most important one was it taught me to follow my heart! Despite the unsure feeling Santiago felt when he left his family, sheep, and love, he still chose to follow his heart. Reading the Alchemist inspired me to chase after my dreams, and when I go after them, do it with everything I have.
- I also admired the fact that Santiago followed his heart consistently throughout the book. If he hadn't stuck with his heart to find his Personal Legend, he wouldn't have found his last clue from the refugees traveling from the tribal wars.