What Is Climate Change?
Climate change is a change in the usual weather found in a place.
Weather can change in just a few hours. Climate takes hundreds or even millions of years to change.
What Is Causing Earth's Climate to Change?
Many things can cause climate to change all on its own. For examples
- Distance from the sun can change.
- The sun can send out more or less energy.
- When a volcano erupts, it can change our climate.
- Most scientists say that humans can change climate too.
Is Earth's Climate Changing?
- Earth's temperature has gone up about one degree Fahrenheit in the last 100 years.
- Warming of Earth's climate has caused some snow and ice to melt.
What Can You Do to Help?
- Using less energy and water.
- Using public transport.
- Turn off lights and TVs when you leave a room.