8-9:30am, Guided Bird Walk-Enjoy an easy-paced walk with master birder Anne Leight to spot and identify resident and migrating birds. Bring your binoculars if you have them (some binoculars may be available to borrow). Entry fee is $5/adult (age 13 and up). Registration required for all programs. Please call the Visitor Center to register, 928-684-2772, during normal business hours (Wed-Sun, 8:00am-5:00pm).
Visit us at http://303messenger.com/index.php/advertising/ to learn more
West Valley Events
Saturday & Sunday
Saturday: 10am – 4pm, Sunset Concert 4pm – 7pm
Sunday: 10 am – 4pm
Base & Meridian Wildlife Area
7602 S. Avondale Blvd. Avondale, AZ 85323
Tres Rios Nature Festival is a two-day event in the spring. This FREE outdoor festival showcases the rich diversity of wildlife habitat, history and culture of the Gila River drainage, which is made up of the Gila, Salt and Agua Fria Rivers.
From guided bird tours, canoeing on the river, archery, fishing and learning about Southwest wildlife, there is something for everyone during the best time of year to enjoy the Arizona weather!
NEW THIS YEAR AT THE FESTIVAL:
- Sunset Concert 4-7pm featuring Songs of the Fall
- Beer Garden
- Education Zone: Educational demonstrations & interactive lectures
- Several new musical & dance performances
- Also check out some of our other FREE favorites:
- Recycling Fashion Show – Sign up Now
- Canoeing provided by Arizona Game & Fish with assistance from the Boy Scouts
- Archery provided by Arizona Game & Fish
- Bird Watching tours provided by Sonoran Audubon
- Fishing provided by Arizona Game & Fish
Friday & Saturday
No Events This Weekend
NCAA Final 4
2017 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
FRIDAY MARCH 31
- 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Tip-Off Tailgate presented by Infiniti | FREE parking and admission University of Phoenix- Great Lawn
- 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. Reese's Final Four Friday- Open Team Practices | FREE parking and admission University of Phoenix
- Noon - 8 p.m. Final Four Fan Fest presented by Capital One | Kids 12 & under FREE Phoenix Convention Center
- 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. Reese's Collegiate All-Star Game, FREE parking and admission University of Phoenix
- 4 - 10 p.m. AT&T Block Party at March Madness Music Festival | FREE and open to the public Margaret T. Hance Park
SATURDAY APRIL 1
- 10 a.m. - 8 p.m. Final Four Fan Fest presented by Capital One | Kids 12 & under FREE Phoenix Convention Center
- 11:30 a.m. - 2 p.m. Tip-Off Tailgate presented by Infiniti | Event entry included with game ticket University of Phoenix Stadium- Great Lawn
- 2 - 10:30 p.m. Coca-Cola Music at March Madness Music Festival | FREE and open to the public Margaret. T. Hance Park
- 3 & 5:30 p.m. National Semifinal Game: Gonzaga vs. South Carolina | Tickets are available University of Phoenix Stadium
- 5:30 p.m. National Semifinal Game: North Carolina vs. Oregon | Tickets are available University of Phoenix Stadium
SUNDAY APRIL 2
- 11 a.m. NCAA Final Four Dribble | FREE, registration is now closed Hance Park
- 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. Final Four Fan Fest presented by Capital One | Kids 12 & under FREE Phoenix Convention Center
- 3 - 10 p.m. Capital One JamFest at March Madness Music Festival | FREE and open to the public Margaret. T. Hance Park
MONDAY APRIL 3
- 2 - 5:30 p.m. Tip-Off Tailgate presented by Infiniti | Event entry included with game ticket University of Phoenix Stadium- Great Lawn
- Noon - 6 p.m. Final Four Fan Fest presented by Capital One | Kids 12 & under FREE Phoenix Convention Center
- 6 p.m. National Championship Game | Tickets are available University of Phoenix Stadium
- Post Game NABC Trophy Presentation Third Street outside Phoenix Convention Center
5-9 PM, Food Truck Friday West
Sam's Club 83rd Ave & Union Hills
- White Eyes Fry Bread
- Ice cream love
- Mingo’s Louisiana Kitchen
- Comforts of Home (NEW TRUCK!)
- Oh so good mini donuts
- VooDoo Dogs
- 2 Fat Guys Grilled cheese
- Quickies mobile food (SW fusion – new)
- tropical sno shaved ice
- Big Red pizza wagon
- Frijolito Coffee
- American Poutine Co
- Burgers Amore
- Chicken and Waffles for the people
- KStar BBQ
- AZ wings and more
- Fantasy Funnel cakes
Enjoy rides on the barrel train, get your face painted or bounce in the bounce house!
Enjoy music by our awesome DJ while you eat your dinner under the stars!
Rose Society of Glendale’s 29th Annual Rose Show
Saturday, April 1, 2017 • 1:00pm to 4:00pm
Sahuaro Ranch Park in the Fruit Packing Shed, 9802 N. 59th Ave. Glendale Arizona 85302
Free to the general public
The annual rose show is the perfect opportunity for members of the Rose Society of Glendale to share their love of roses by providing information, education, and demonstrations. Competition categories include a horticulture section (roses only), an arrangement section, and a photography section.
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Spring Concert: New Destiny Band Plays Old School Funk
Goodyear Community Park, 3151 N Litchfield Rd Goodyear, Arizona 85395
A new, monthly interactive arts program comes to Goodyear Community Park, 3151 N. Litchfield Road this spring. The Art in the Park series aims to introduce various forms of art to all ages by encouraging hands-on participation in a fun way.
Enjoy the fresh air and catch the New Destiny band as they play old school funk on Saturday, April 1 at dusk. The music continues on Saturday, April 19 when the Highway 85 band plays a wide variety of popular country and rock hits.
Parking and admission is free for all events. Participants are invited to bring a lawn chair or blanket to be comfortable during the acting and concert performances. No glass is permitted in the park for safety reasons.
For more information on upcoming arts events, visit www.goodyearaz.gov/arts. To learn more about other special events, sports or activities for all ages, contact Goodyear Recreation at 623-882-7525, email email@example.com or visit www.goodyearaz.gov/rec.
The Art in the Park series that brings the joy of the arts to the community through interactive participation is made possible through a generous grant from Arizona Public Service (APS).
6:30 AM - 10:00 AM, Kiwanis Sprint in the Park Triathlon
Litchfield Park Recreation Center, 100 S. Old Litchfield RD Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
$20 for 17 years of age and under / $45 for 18 years of age and older
The 2017 Triathlon include a 300 yard serpentine swim, 4.2 mile biking course and 2K run. The biking and run are along a flat, palm tree lined, street course in the Litchfield Park, Arizona. Timing: computer chip. Age groups include 17 and under; 18-30; 31-40; 41-50; 51-60; and, 61 plus. All entrants will receive high quality t-shirts and be provided fruit and snacks, water and sports drinks; participation ribbons will be given to all finishers. A raffle will be held at the end of the event. Entry fee is to be determined by Litchfield Kiwanis Club. Limited to 150 participants.
6PM Bike to the Ballpark
Peoria’s Ticket to Ride series kicks off with Bike to the Ballpark on March 31, 2017 at 6 p.m. Ride your bicycle to the Peoria Sports Complex with complimentary bicycle valet parking provided, a safe and secure designated location at the complex, and receive a free Peoria Trails Map. Catch the Seattle Mariners as they face off against the Colorado Rockies in the Cactus League finale. Stay after the game for a fireworks celebration.
8am-4pm, Peoria Arts & Cultural Festival
Old Town Peoria, Peoria and Grand Avenues
The City of Peoria and the Peoria Unified School District honor the community’s past and celebrate the future through the Peoria Arts & Cultural Festival presented by Valley Schools. The event is located at Peoria and Grand Avenues in the following venues; Osuna Park, Peoria’s Center for Performing Arts, Peoria Historical Museums, Community Center and surrounding Streets.
Students from Peoria Unified School District exhibit their artwork, perform dance routines, theater acts, choir and band on stages throughout the event. Attendees can watch pottery being made, family bike ride, wagon rides, and a kid’s zone.
9am-12pm, MASTER GARDENER Q&A Session
Northwest Regional Library – Surprise 16089 N. Bullard Ave.Surprise, AZ 85374
Master Gardener volunteers will be available to answer your desert gardening questions, including but not limited to plant selection, irrigation, fertilization, pruning techniques, pest management and problem diagnosis.
Saturday & Sunday
10am-5pm,Spring Fling sidewalk & indoor sale
Springtime shopping in Wickenburg!
Wickenburg Chamber of Commerce member merchants have great deals for you as well as new spring & summer merchandise
At the Center of You, Cactus Maddy’s Mercantile, Creations in Thread/Cowgirl Salvage, Double D Western World, Isabelle’s Parlour, Nana’s Sandwich Shoppe and Gifts, McKeever’s Ace Hardware, Old Livery Mercantile, Pottery B, The Pony 2nd Hand Store, Ranch Dressing, Reset Design, Riata Saddles & Retail Store, Rusty Rooster, Stewart Hardware, Sweet Somethings & What Knots, Twisted Dogwood, The Chaparral Ice Cream & Café and Wickenburg Kwikprint.
6PM-10PM Desert Caballeros RIVER DANCE
The River Walk Bridge, US 60 & US 93
- Wickenburg Style BBQ (6-8:30 p.m.)
- Watering hole with Beer/ Wine / Cocktails
- live Entertainment, Dancing
- Free face painting
- ALL AGES WELCOME- FREE ADMISSION
2-4 PM, MUSIC OF HEROES
160 North Valentine St., Wickenburg, 85390, AZ, United States
SixFeetUp has produced a unique musical, military tribute which combines elements of a traditional salute with the style of a USO show concert. We present the patriotic music as well as the pop music associated with our military history – stretching from the Civil War to the present. We explore with audiences how music has become associated with various conflicts, how it has been used and why certain songs are so strongly etched in our memories. We find out how movies and TV gave us new “war” music decades after the actual conflicts. Our show is a fast-paced, entertaining music, story, humor and respectful appreciation of our military heritage.