Imagine that you are walking, and you come upon a fork in the road.
Which path will you take?
Stepping Stone 1: Motivation and Goals
- Let's consider our goals and the challenges we face in achieving them.
Stepping Stone 2: Preparation and Priorities
- You have limited time to select 5 items as a group. What will you prioritise? Will you survive?
Stepping Stone 3: Embracing and Making Change
- Build stories for your character from a deck of cards.
Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely.
Stepping Stone 4: Attendance
Attendance is critical for your success at UQ College
Miss class and you:
- miss out on one to one guidance from your teachers.
- miss out on assessment hints and tips.
- sabotage your chances of success.
- ensure that you have even more work to do at home.
But let us know if you're not going to make it to class.
Treat your studies like you would treat your job and respect your teachers, by being accountable for your absences.
Just turn up. It's the best thing you can do for yourself.
Stepping Stone 5: Support
Everyone's life journey has bumps along the way, and handling them on your own can be challenging. When you are feeling tired or overwhelmed, ask for help.
Student Support Officer
- Dedicated support person during your studies
- Help you navigate UQ support services
- Connect with UQ services, clubs and societies..
Learning Support Workshops
We all have areas of strength and weakness. Commit yourself to a workshop now.
Building 21D | Ph: 3365 1704 | https://my.uq.edu.au/information-and-services/student-support
Free and confidential services for UQ College Students
- Diversity, Disability and Inclusion
- Counselling and Self-Help Resources
- Learning workshops and one on one support
- Accommodation advice
- Multi-faith chaplaincy
- Student Advocacy and Support
- Proof-reading services
- Morning Marnalade and Kampus Kitchen
- Food and beverage discounts
Conencting with others on campus, getting involved in activities, doing this contributes to your university experience and ultimately, to your success.
- UQ Volunteering
- UQ events
- Clubs & societies
UQ College runs events through the trimester.
22/01/2019 1 - 2 p.m. UQ Community Garden
LUNCH ON US