- Picture of an animal
Ms. Jessi shows how to use simple shapes to draw animals in the video below.
Art & Yoga Animals
This video will help you look at three animal artworks from the museum collection and practice a yoga post inspired by each one.
In the video below, Ms. Jessi shows how to make an animal with tinfoil.
Clay Bird & Nest
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 3/4 cup water
- Mixing bowl
- Pencil or toothpick
Find out how Ms. Jessi uses salt dough to make a bird and its nest by watching the video below.
Salt Dough Recipe & Directions
- Mix 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt, and 3/4 cup of water in a bowl.
- Knead until smooth.
- Preheat over to 300 degrees fahrenheit.
- Create the animal sculpture.
- Bake in oven for one hour.
- Remove sculpture from oven and let it cool.
- You can paint your sculpture with watercolor, tempera or acrylic paint.