Virtual events & activities
- Kid, Pet & Craft Parade: We will be streaming a virtual photo parade filled with submissions from community members! Find it on the City of Ridgefield Facebook page.
- Crafts Activities and Games: Find a collection of 4th of July inspired DIY crafts, a scavenger hunt and other fun at home activities below.
This event is co-sponsored by the Ridgefield 4th of July planning organization, City of Ridgefield, First Saturday Committee and local businesses. Live Kid Parade, Car Parade and Patriotic Parade of Homes are hosted and judged by Ridgefield 4th Non-Profit.
Crafts, Activities, and Games
- Gather smooth surface rocks, wash them and allow them to dry completely.
- Paint each rock in a different patriotic design using red, white, and blue paint.
- Display them around your garden beds or porch to show your patriotic spirit!
- Purchase a large star cut out or create your own using cardboard.
- Purchase white, blue or red spray paint, then lay your cut out on the grass where you wish to paint a star.
- Repeat until the yard is beautifully decorated, allow to dry. Talk about curb appeal... WOW!
- Pick a pallet in good shape, fix any nails sticking out by replacing them or hammering them into the wood.
- Sand the boards to remove any rough sports.
- [OPTIONAL] Prime the wood with a roll brush or wide paint brush.
- Place cardboard in between the pallet so paint doesn't drip onto the other side.
- Use painters tape and mark off a square in the top left corner for your blue paint.
- Once dried, use star cut outs to lay over top of boards and spray paint them white or white glitter.
- Once that portion has dried you can pain every other board red leaving the tape on until the pallet has dried.
Taa daa... Beautiful entry piece!
UNCLE SAM HAT COMPETITION
Created with images by Belle Collective - "pepperdine 911 memorial" • Paul Weaver - "4th of July - Waving Flag"