Engaging in School
Teachers at Harris have been working hard to develop and offer new, engaging instructional content. They are prioritizing standards and student progress. There is so much great teaching being pushed out on slide decks or happening during live Google Meet sessions. We are grateful to the many families who continue to prioritize the learning when and how they can. If you need help, please reach out to us so we can make this manageable for your family. We look forward to more great days together as Harris.
Greenfield-Central is pleased to offer an online experience for Kindergarten Registration. Please click on the link below to register a kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year. Students who are age 5 by August 1, 2020 are eligible to register.
Food Service: Meal Kits
For the time being, this service will continue on Mondays. Please see the flier below for more information on this opportunity for GC families.
If you need tech support for your child's device, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the student's name, school, and tech issue. The tech department will respond by Google Meet, email, phone, or possibly appointment, if the issue cannot be fixed remotely.
Virtual Learning Confidentiality Statement
PTO Fundraiser Pick Up
School Assistance Requests
If you need assistance or have a concern, please contact your child's teacher, our school counselor or the principal. Phone calls to Harris are not currently being answered. Please use the link below for staff email addresses or utilize your teacher's messaging system.
School Counselor Connection
Message from Mrs. Hall- Harris School Counselor
Here are some tips have fun and get creative while at home together!
- Incorporate music and art into your day every day.
- Come up with ideas for hands on learning such as science experiments, art projects, building activities, cooking/baking.
- Play music and encourage singing and dance parties.
- Think about skills and talents family members have, and use them to plan activities and opportunities for learning (e.g. playing an instrument, drawing/painting, playing a sport).
- Encourage kids to dig in the dirt, race each other, build, play, and use their imagination.
- Encourage students to go “old school” and take up a pen pal during this time (pictures of letters and drawings can still be sent electronically if there are concerns about virus transmission); this will get them writing and keep them connected to others.
Please reach out to Mrs. Hall by email if you have a need and are looking for various community resources during the next few weeks. She will contact you back.
- School Counselor: Katie Hall
- Office Hours: 10:00am-12:00pm
- Email: email@example.com
Scholastic Book Fair
Harris will be hosting an online book fair option for interested families May 4-14. More information will be made available next week.
Stay Connected with Harris
Boomer Says Hello
Boomer, the mascot for the Indiana Pacers, has a message for students in Indiana. Enjoy this really encouraging, fun video.
New: Gleaners Mobile Food Pantry will have a distribution on April 25, 10:00 AM to Noon, at the Fortville Christian Church, 9450 North 200 West, Fortville. This will be a drive thru event. Please stay in your car. Organizers are asking that no one lines up before 9:00 AM.
New: The Greenfield Elks Lodge, 820 S. State St., will distribute meals of hot dogs and chips on April 25th from 11am-1pm (or when food runs out). There is no charge for this drive through event.
Wifi Access: GC has made wireless access available in the Eden South parking lot, and the main parking lot at Maxwell Intermediate Schools. You can park in the parking lot and join GC-Public wifi without a password in those locations.
Hancock County Public Library: Wifi and eBooks
- WiFi: the Hancock County Public Library has extended their Wifi into the parking lot of the library here in Greenfield. Feel free to use this service as you social distance.
- Students have a digital library card and can access all of our online resources at https://hcplibrary.org/.
- Click on the Online Resources, Reference and Research, Teens, and Kids tabs to see everything available.
- Librarians are available Monday - Friday on our instant message chat from 12-5 p.m. to answer your questions.
At this time, GC still intends to host Camp Invention at JB Stephens.
Do your kids need something to look forward to this summer? Camp Invention is coming to J.B. Stephens Elementary on July 13-17! Watch this Camp Invention 2020 video to get a preview of what students will experience. The National Inventors Hall of Fame also compiled this At Home STEM Activity Guide for families.
We now have $100 scholarships available to help families send their children to camp! A huge thanks goes out to our community partners: Hancock Health, Duke Energy and Greenfield-Central School Foundation. Complete this Camp Invention Scholarship Form to receive scholarship support. (If we have to cancel or change camp dates, full refunds will be issued to parents.)
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Leliaert at firstname.lastname@example.org or Krista Steeno at email@example.com