Position At a Glance
- Details: Temple Baptist Church | 1200 12th Ave NE, Jamestown, ND 58401, US
- Accepting Applications until March 15, 2019
- Position Type: Full-time; Lead Pastor of Multi-staff Church
- Congregation: 200+
We believe the man God has in mind for TBC is a one committed to the sufficiency of Scripture and the supremacy of Christ with a record of successfully shepherding a team of leaders (both lay Elders and full-time Pastoral and support staff) as well as the entire body, to accomplish the mission God has for us – “To Know God and Make Him Known!”
We are affiliated with the North American Baptist Conference and would anticipate our next leader to be credentialed, or be willing to be credentialed, by the conference.
With a beautiful facility strategically located in a growing part of the city, Temple Baptist is well positioned to make a significant Kingdom impact in the surrounding area, an opportunity that will not be lost on the incoming Lead Pastor.
TBC has valued its tradition of “family feel,” so a new Lead Pastor transition has been unsettling to many in the congregation. We recognize the need to be lovingly and patiently led into a larger church model; trusting leadership to make wise decisions for the good of the church and the glory of God.
Jamestown, North Dakota, is the 9th largest city in North Dakota with a population of 15,500. Jamestown is located on I-94 and is equal distance (100 miles east and west) between Fargo and Bismarck which are the two largest cities in North Dakota.
TBC completed a Percept Study and the results of that study are captured in the PDF provided here. In addition, we included demographics and statistics on Legislative District 12 centered on City dynamics and Legislative District 29 centered on Rural dynamics for the area.
Additional information regarding educational, employment, and recreational opportunities are included in the full profile.
(I Timothy 4:16a – “Keep a CLOSE WATCH ON YOURSELF and …PERSIST IN THIS…” )
We desire a Pastor who, in his personal life:
- Is known for an intimate walk with God through personal time in the Word, prayer, and accountability to spiritual partners
- Is known for his devotion to his wife
- Is protecting himself against any accusation in his relationship with other women
- Is making margin in his life for his own children at home or adult children away from home
- Is submitting himself to both personal and ministry accountability partners who freely ask him hard questions
- Is committed to the stewardship of his body as the temple of the Holy Spirit
- Is known to be a good steward of his personal finances and therein content in times of plenty and times of loss
- Is known as a Servant Leader (one who above all is a “servant of the Lord”)
- Is known to love the flock of God
- Is not diverted from mission as a “people pleaser” (Gal. 1:10)
(1 Timothy 4:15 – “…devote yourself to the PUBLIC READING OF SCRIPTURE, to EXHORTATION, to TEACHING.”) We desire a Pastor who, in his cognitive life:
- Is passionate about discovering what the author of any given text of Scripture intended to say to his contemporaries…
- Is purposefully seeking to discover how the Gospel is rooted in every text of Scripture and committed to make it central to his teaching…
- Is committed to understanding the generational distinctions within the culture and ministering in a way that helps each value the other…
- Is continuing his education, especially in those fields/studies that enable him to strengthen the mission to which God has called us as a Church…
(1 Timothy 4:14 – “Do not neglect THE GIFT YOU HAVE which was given you by prophecy when the council of ELDERS LAID THEIR HANDS ON YOU.”)
We desire a Pastor who, in his ministry life:
- Is cognizant of his spiritual gift(s) and exercises them with freedom and joy
- Is committed to loving exhortation (interested in transformation, not just information)
- Is gifted in leadership, especially mentoring and equipping leaders
- Is able to lead the Elder Team in developing and communicating with clarity and passion God’s mission, vision, and strategy for this church
(In no significant order of importance)
- Is committed to a Gospel-centered preaching plan that calls and equips the church “To know God and make Him known”
- Is committed to a team approach to shepherding
- Is familiar with and values the use of technology in preaching/teaching, daily communication, and the worship services of the church
- Is available for Pastoral counseling keeping it in balance with prayer and the preaching of the Word
- Is committed to strengthening the Life Group Ministry of the Church
- Is committed to personally sharing the Gospel and strengthening a holistic approach to the church’s outreach
- Is passionate about overseeing and equipping church staff to accomplish the mission of the church in their assigned roles
- Is committed to the structure of the church: Elders who shepherd, Deacons who assist, and Members who serve