On September 29, 1912 St. Catherine of Siena Parish was founded. Reverend Joseph W. Brokaw was assigned as priest to some 300 neighboring families. As the buildings were erected mass was held in the school chapel for some time. The church was finally completed in the fall of 1930.
For over 5 decades St. Catherine’s was home for hundreds of families. After the closing of the schools in 1967 and merging with St. Edwards parish (1969), St. Catherine’s closed its doors in 1989.
It was on Easter Sunday in 1990 St. Augustine and St. Monica Parish was founded, uniting the parish families of the former St. Catherine’s, St. Edwards, and St. Bernard’s, with Fr. Donald M. Clark as pastor. Upon the death of Fr . Clark in 1995 Fr . Daniel J. Trapp was appointed pastor.