Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Phillipians 4:6-7
School Concert - The Sound of Music
The Sound of Music has been a huge success and thoroughly enjoyed by every audience! We are so proud of the students and how well they have performed. With only 2 performances left time is running out to purchase tickets - so you need to get in fast!!! Our Saturday evening performance on 5th August has been sold out, however, there are still some tickets available for tonight's performance. Just visit our school website for ticket sales, or purchase on the night at the door.
Alpine GS - The Scots Cup
During the School Holidays Kendra Gordon (Year 4) skied in the Alpine GS race for the Scots Cup, Division 5, which is for Year 3-4 students. The Scots Cup race is across a wide selection of schools and Kendra skied on behalf of Wahroonga Adventist School! It was great to see our school represented in the event along with all the other schools. Kendra finished 11th in her division - a great result considering poor visibility.
She is now training for snowboard and even raced in the inter schools snowboard events. She qualified 6th in both events, qualifying her for state next month! Well Done Kendra!
Upcoming School Events
Selected students have been asked to represent the school at the Academic Olympics to be held Thursday 3rd August at Mountainview Adventist College. Students will travel by car with teachers to/from the event so will need to be at school ready for a 8.30am departure, returning in time for normal pick up arrangements.
Your child will need to wear full school uniform and take their school bag with lunch, snack, drink and their hat packed as usual. If you haven't returned your child's permission note can you please do so urgently.
Primary School Athletics Carnival
Our Primary School Athletics Carnival will be held on Monday 7th August, weather & grounds permitting, at Bannockburn Oval, Bannockburn Rd, Pymble. The Primary School Athletics Carnival is for Prep to Year 6 students. Students will need to wear their sport’s uniform. Prep students who don’t have a sports uniform can wear appropriate casual clothes. Your child will need plenty of fluids, snacks and wet weather gear.
There will be limited canteen available (see menu in Canteen News).
Parent helpers are needed in various areas, including canteen, to help the carnival run smoothly and we would really appreciate your help. Buses will leave school at 8.50am SHARP and return by the end of school. The carnival will start at 9.15am, students will need to be at the oval BY 9.00am if they are not catching the bus from school. A note giving your child permission to catch the bus will be sent home today, can you please complete and return your child's form by Friday 4th August.
We still DESPERATELY need many helpers in the following areas and for the times noted below: If you are able to help please email Jax at firstname.lastname@example.org with the area and time you will be able to help. Thanking you in advance.
- HIGH JUMP
- SHOT PUT
- LONG JUMP
- CANTEEN - See Canteen News for helpers link
Times: 9.15—12.15pm OR 12.15—2.15pm OR Whole day
New School Building Dedication
Save the Date: 1st & 2nd September
Our official School opening will be held on Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd September. We will be having great celebrations as this is our first major building opening in quite a number of years! We would love it if you could spread the word and join us for the events we have planned.
Our opening ceremony on Friday 1st September will commence at 1.30pm on the synthetic grass area, Level 1. Students will need to wear their full school uniform that day (not sports uniform).
On Saturday 2nd September will be holding our Dedication Services at 11am and 2.30pm in Wahroonga Church. Students will be presenting items at both services, at the conclusion of the 11am service we ask everyone to join us for lunch at the Fox Valley Community Centre.
School Photo Day is Monday 14 August 2017. Have your child’s school memories captured forever!
The MSP photography envelopes will be sent home this week - please look out for them. Please take time to read the relevant information on the MSP Photography payment envelopes and remember these helpful points:
- Don’t seal envelopes inside each other. You can pay for all children in one envelope however each child needs to have their own envelope on photo day.
- If paying by cash please enclose correct money as no change is given on photo day. NO CHEQUES ACCEPTED.
- Credit card payments can be made online (please follow instructions on envelope) or by calling the MSP Office prior to the day. Your child will still need to take their envelope with them on the day.
- Specialty Photo Orders (e.g. Captains ) will be organized after photo day on a separate form.
- Direct all parent queries to MSP Photography on 9499 6555.
Single Parent Families
Parents can place multiple orders for children by either option below:
- Placing all the orders on the one envelope
- Handing in multiple order envelopes (they can collect a spare one from the school office and complete it as usual). If this is the chosen method, it may be worth having them label the envelope as either “Mums Copy” or “Dads Copy”, so upon delivery the correct photo order is returned to the correct parent.
- Student Re-enrolment Forms for 2018 will be sent home this week, they must be returned to the school office as soon as possible but no later than Friday, August 11, 2017.
- Please take care to update and complete all information if necessary.
- It is important that you advise whether or not your child will be returning, by circling do/do not wish to re-enrol in the Enrolment Intention section at the bottom. This will enable us to determine how many places we can offer new students.
- When circling method of Fee Payment (annual/ term/monthly) please be sure of your request as it takes considerable time to reverse the fees once they are set in the computer. If you should change your mind about the method of payment, the school office needs to be advised in writing before the last day of Term 4.
- Please make sure the form is signed in BOTH Family Information and Enrolment Intention.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Middle School News
When accessing the Parent Portal please use the link below. It is important parents use the most up to date link to gain access, if you are experiencing difficulties please contact the Middle School Office.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
Below is the link to our upcoming calendar events. Just click on the link below to access it.
Home and School News
The Home and School Committee invite you to take a walk with us through our Winter Wonderland! Join us at the Fox Valley Community Centre for a night of fun and games on Saturday 12 August 5:30 – 7:30pm.
This event is timed so that all our students in the junior school can attend but we welcome students from all years.
Dress Ups optional - come as your favourite winter character or come as you are.
Don’t miss out! Tickets are from flexischools.com.au ~ $6 per child. An adult must be on hand to supervise, but only the kid sized party people need a ticket!
Snacks and refreshments will be available for purchase on the night, though you can order ahead via the Winter Wonderland canteen menu, also through Flexischools.
Make sure you buy your tickets before Thursday 10 August!
HOME AND SCHOOL MEETING
Our next Home and School Meeting is Monday 28th August 2017 at 7pm on Level 1, GLA.
SAVE THE DATES:
Here are some events we want Dad’s to put in their diary….
Father’s Day Morning - Tuesday 29th August 7:45am, followed by a special chapel ser-vice.
Dad’s Camp Out - Saturday 28th -Sunday 29th October
athletics carnival www.volunteersignup.org/YE7HH (Need Athletics Menu)
PREMIER’S READING CHALLENGE
Congratulations Ella Armstrong (K), Will Calvert (K), Christopher Evanian (K), Ariana Sim (Yr 4), Darien Sim (Yr 6), Twisha Srinivas (Yr 6), Sophie Lee (K), Myles Goodwin (Yr 2), Ernest Chow (K), Zachary Lee (Yr 1), Callum Pennington (Yr 1), Ashoka Barnett (Yr 3), Hannah Cooper (Yr 3), Keira Cheung (Yr 4), James Leverton (Yr 5), Katie Miller (Yr 5), Cameron Cheung (Yr 6), Tiffany Anassi (Yr 7), Yifei Shi (K), Diana Kim (K), Kyle Smith (K), Harriett McCay (Yr 1), Lachlan Clague (Yr 5), Harriet Leung Morrow (Yr 3) and Caitlin Manners (Yr 1) for finishing the Premier’s Reading Challenge. Well done everyone for such excellent reading!
Just a reminder that the Premier’s Reading Challenge finishes on August 25 – 3 weeks to go!! Please make sure you have entered your books online, or handed your reading record form to Mrs Savage by this date. Thank you.