- I am 20 years old
- I am from Owiny Ki Bul Village in Eastern Equatoria, South Sudan
- I am a member of the Acholi tribe
- My family has had to move to Juba
- I read the vision and mission of LASS on a sign post in Nimule and sought an application
I am proud to be a student at LASS, here I can pursue the knowledge necessary for a future career. Hopefully, I am able to continue to a university where I want to study radio journalism. My core subjects are history, entrepreneurship, geography and information communication technology. When I am not studying, I enjoy playing futball, movies and having discussions with my friends. My care group has helped me to show love to my fellow students. Being able to share God’s message to my fellow students has helped my faith to grow.
I have a vision for South Sudan to become a country of unity and that people will embrace the message of Christ. If I were president I would immediately call for the refugees living in other countries to return to South Sudan.
Get to know John:
- I want to share what I have learned and experienced about diversity in order to build peace, love and unity among diverse tribes.
- I hope to preach the message of Jesus Christ so that people will embrace his message and love one another
- I want to become a radio journalist
- I hope to live in an urban area
I look to Jeremiah 20:11 because it contains a message of God’s plan for every person, and that gives me great hope: "But God, a most fierce warrior, is at my side." - Otim, July 2017
"I am appreciative of the supporters who give so that I can attend LASS, and I hope that support can continue through the rest of my education. My prayers are for my family, excellence in academics, and that I will wholly embrace Jesus Christ." - Otim, July 2017