Hey gang, I love this image. What is particular to it ?
- The whistle?
- All the same helmet?
- The serious look?!
- You don't know them?
- the players are teenagers?
- NOPE!!!! That ain't it. Let me give you a few hints.
I coached when I was younger
- I was a soccer coach for a U12 (under 12 years old) team that won the Quebec championship
- I coached our college volleyball team
- I even coached and lead our waterskiing team at a summer camp I worked when I was a young adult!
- I also coached the punter on our High School football team
All of these coaching experiences, there is one common denominator.
I didn't wear the uniform as a coach; I wasn't a player. I was a coach.
The coach doesn't play. He coaches. He teaches the captain (our Team leaders) and the players how to play. A coach is there to help you play better.
I was part of the team, for sure. But the actual playing part, I was not part of. The players were. Players play. Coaches coach.
God gave the Body some the gifts. He did it so that they might prepare God's people to serve. Psalm 110:3
As a team mate, you need to focus on practicing what your coach and team leader equipped you to do with in order to play the game on Sunday. And you know, your coach is there to help you become a better player!
Worth Fighting For
We all encounter conflicts in relationships at home, at work, and at school. Most conflicts start because of unmet expectations. If we choose to act not react, choose to focus on the good in the other person, and choose to stay, our conflicts can be resolved in life-giving, loving way.
Your growth depends on how deep you commit to growing! So dig deeper.
- March 12th - VO @ 8:30 & 4pm Invite someone to join your team!
- March 26th - Family Dedication Service 2:30-3:30 PM
It will be great. Tons of people have been becoming fully alive and committing their lives to Christ. This is a time for us to be a blessing and be blessed at the same time!
- Saturday 6PM
- Sunday 8, 9:30, 11:30 AM. 1:30, 3:00 and 5PM.
Let's get rolling teams!
Learn something from your Team leader or Coach this week.