Girls' education also increases gender equality. The countries supported by Room to Read did not have much gender equality. Mostly boys were educated, which made women valued less.
Room to Read creates a healthy environment for girls to get education. This non-profit organization uses donation to provides the girls with education. It trains teachers to help motivate and support the girls.
How can you help?
RESULTS FROM DONATIONS
- $50 - Teach a child to read and write for an enitire year
- $300 - Supports a year of life skills education for a girl in secondary school
- $1000 - Trains a librarian to effectively manage a library and inspire children's love of reading
- $3000 - Provides a teacher and a librarian with the training and coaching they need to successfully nurture young leaders
- Do more: Give Monthly - Making a monthly commitment with Room to Read will help us transform thousands of more communities. Just $25/month supports a girl for an entire year on our Girls' Education Program
Link to Room to Read: https://www.roomtoread.org/support-education/
Created by: Julia Darcy and Patrick Quinn