TEMPLE CITY PARK PERFORMING ARTS PAVILION ROOFING PROJECT
As part of the 2019-2020 CIP Plan, the roof of the Performing Arts Pavilion at Temple City Park is scheduled to be replaced. To that end, the Pavilion will be closed for construction January 13 – January 24, 2020, weather permitting. The park will remain open during construction. If you have any questions, please contact Steve Lawson, Project Manager at 626-285-2171, ext. 4530.
TEMPLE CITY'S OLDER AMERICAN OF THE YEAR
Nominations for the Temple City Older of the American of the Year contest are currently being accepted by the Parks & Recreation Department (10144 Bogue Street) and are due no later than January 31. Nominees must be at least 60 years of age and reside in Temple City. Criteria used to select the award recipient includes: volunteer service to community-based organizations; special accomplishments; and time spent with volunteer activities. If you know an outstanding senior who meets these qualifications, please nominate them as soon as possible! The contest flyer and nomination form are available at the public counters at City Hall and Live Oak Park, as well as on the City’s website HERE>>
COMMITTEE ON AGING
The Committee on Aging (CoA) was established by City Council in 2019 for the following reasons:
1. To assist the Parks & Recreation Department with the implementation of the Temple City Senior Master Plan (SMP).
2. To advise and assist Parks & Recreation staff regarding activities, programs and services for seniors.
3. To inform the Parks & Recreation Commission and the City Council about programs and services benefiting seniors.
4. To evaluate existing senior programs and services annually.
5. To advocate for legislative issues that affect the lives of older adults and to disseminate information that will enable seniors to participate actively in the democratic process.
The CoA meets quarterly (January, April, July, and October). Their next meeting will be held on January 28 at 6:30 p.m. in the Live Oak Park Annex Building (10144 Bogue Street). They’re scheduled to review progress of the implementation of the Temple City Senior Master Plan, discuss their goals for 2020, and much more. The following is a link to their webpage which contains meeting agendas, minutes, and other information CLICK HERE>>