The Global Business Coalition Against Human Trafficking (GBCAT) is aiming to highlight its achievements and potential through increased social media activity in Summer/Fall 2019.
GBCAT therefore encourages all members and partners to post on their social media channels. There are two opportunities:
- Ongoing: promotion and sharing of the Modern Slavery Map.
- 30 July (World Day Against Trafficking in Persons): promotion and sharing of a blog by BSR on the GBCAT website.
Please find below a series of sample posts for these opportunities. GBCAT invites all members and stakeholders to edit and adapt these posts as needed, or to draft similar posts tailored to your channels.
Ongoing: Modern Slavery Map
- Tackling human trafficking requires coordinated action from a wide range of organizations. The #ModernSlaveryMap is a unified resource that helps companies find expert partners. Read more: http://www.modernslaverymap.org/
- Which organizations and partners are available to help companies tackle human trafficking? The best place to find out is the #ModernSlaveryMap, developed by #GBCAT @BSRnews @ILO @RESPECT_int @globalcompact http://www.modernslaverymap.org/
- There are many organizations available to help companies tackle human trafficking across their operations. Find out which is best placed to help you with the #ModernSlaveryMap: http://www.modernslaverymap.org/
- We support the #ModernSlaveryMap, which provides a unified resource of information on stakeholders on the front lines of the global fight against human trafficking http://www.modernslaverymap.org/
Suggested LinkedIn/Facebook Posts
- According to the ILO, there are 40.3 million people in modern slavery across the world, including 24.9 million in forced labor. Of those 24.9 million people, 16 million are exploited in the private sector. It is critical and urgent to tackle this crime. To do so, companies can find the organizations best placed to help them through the Modern Slavery Map--an interactive tool developed by the Global Business Coalition Against Human Trafficking, BSR, the International Labor Organization, the United Nations Global Compact, and the RESPECT Initiative. Explore it here: http://www.modernslaverymap.org/
- We are committed to working with partners and stakeholders to tackle human trafficking. We believe that coordination of efforts is key to our success. That's why we support the Modern Slavery map--an interactive tool to help companies find the organizations best placed to support them. http://www.modernslaverymap.org/
Images to Add to Your Posts
Download an image from the selection below and add it to your post. Left click the card to open, right click and "Save as" to save the image to your computer, and then use the "Add image" function in Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.